Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Surging/Thrusting Problem Under Acceleration

Old 01-20-2014, 04:48 PM   #261
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I4anI View Post
i watched a few videos and i can't say by watching them if thats what I'm experiencing, but so far it sounds like a pretty good educated guess. I've been being told its got something to do with the vacuum or something on the s/c and built up exhaust not having anywhere to go except out the exhaust, unlike a turbo which has its own 'point of release'

that even make sense?
Ive been in SC 2nd gen and that's def not normal. When you get on it, it gets going. Unless your leafs cant handle the power. Im thinking axel wrap/wheel hop is the issue here. Traction bars will do wonders for you im guessing .

And Procomp uses lift blocks in a lot of their kits. Blocks make it worse.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #262
I4anI is one of the sharper tools in the shedI4anI is one of the sharper tools in the shedI4anI is one of the sharper tools in the shedI4anI is one of the sharper tools in the shedI4anI is one of the sharper tools in the shedI4anI is one of the sharper tools in the shedI4anI is one of the sharper tools in the shedI4anI is one of the sharper tools in the shedI4anI is one of the sharper tools in the shedI4anI is one of the sharper tools in the shedI4anI is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
I4anI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
Sounds like you are experiencing axel wrap. Where the rear leaf springs are warping causing your axel to surge forward. Sometimes there is a clunk associated with it but generally, under hard breaking you get a surge forward (as the leafs unload) and under accelerating, your leaf pack takes the initial fwd thrust, loading the packs and delaying the power to the wheels.

Its hard to explain but do a search on Youtube and you can find plenty of vids that illustrate this very well.

Lift blocks tend to aggravate the symptoms even more.
i sent my valve body off to level 10 to be modified… is it possible it could be the valve body not working properly causing my surges and whatnot? almost like its getting caught between gears. valves not opening and closing at the proper moments? i might be talking outta my ass, but i gotta figure out what the hells going on...