Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Aluminum skid

Old 01-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
04YodaTaco will become famous soon enough
04YodaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Aluminum skid

Looking for an aluminum front skid for my 2.7l first gen. Anyone have one with good opinions? I am looking for one with access to the oil drain plug.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck finding one
I know they make them for second gens (I seen them)
Old 01-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #3
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
pm Relentless , he makes a 2nd gen skid in aluminum , not sure about 1st gens
Old 01-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #5
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Not sure I'd wa t an aluminum skid to be honest..
1/4" aluminum is pretty stout

Obviously not steel but not tinfoil either
Old 01-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #7

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea..ill go steel haha
That's cool

Just saying all the fish and work boats around here are 1/4" aluminum
Old 01-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #8
Old No.7 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
Old No.7's Tacoma Gallery
pm's replied!

Carry on......
Old 01-04-2013, 11:20 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For the price tho..could get 1/4" steel cheaper
Can't argue that
Old 01-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #11
04YodaTaco will become famous soon enough
04YodaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
pm Relentless , he makes a 2nd gen skid in aluminum , not sure about 1st gens
Alright I will give that a shot. Looks like what I want won't be easy to obtain. Maybe I can find someone local to fab something up for me.

As far as the aluminum vs. steel debate goes I realize the advantages of steel but aluminum seems worth it for two reasons:
-Won't rust like steel.
-Lighter weight.

I guess if getting aluminum isn't easy or costs a lot I will get a steel one and coat it real good before I install it to head off the rust.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #12
AggiePilot12 has a spectacular aura aboutAggiePilot12 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
AggiePilot12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old No.7 View Post
I've got a used TRD Toyota accessory style skid plate if your interested. Came off a 2004 Tacoma, but it's more of a cosmetic mod than a functional one IMO, just depends on what your looking for I guess.
$50 + shipping
PM sent.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #13
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04YodaTaco View Post
Alright I will give that a shot. Looks like what I want won't be easy to obtain. Maybe I can find someone local to fab something up for me.

As far as the aluminum vs. steel debate goes I realize the advantages of steel but aluminum seems worth it for two reasons:
-Won't rust like steel.
-Lighter weight.

I guess if getting aluminum isn't easy or costs a lot I will get a steel one and coat it real good before I install it to head off the rust.
Well if you have a shop you can do what I do. After every year once the cold hits..I just pull all the armor off and repaint it other e sliders..but I paint those too.

It's kinda a pain I guess..but worth it I think.

Was easy when I just had a front bumper

But yea..gonna cost a ton. I can see the weight part being nice though