Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

wheel choices

View Poll Results: which would you choose for your silver double cab?
raceline rockcrusher 887 23 74.19%
eagle alloy series 100 8 25.81%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #21
Beating Anorexia since 1976
OmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OmahaStylee's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you were able to come to a decision bill-e-boy, I figured since it helped you out, I should share with the rest of the class...

For anyone who finds this thread, facing the same dilemma....

BEFORE: worn 265/70 R16 General Grabber AT2's on stock 16x7 wheels
AFTER: fresh 265/75 R16 Goodyear Duratracs on 16x8 EagleAlloy100's 3.625 BS

oh, and the test fit before mounting the tires...

^ here you can see I'm measuring where the back of the wheel is positioned - I have already done the same measurement with the stock wheels in this photo (see the gap at the top)...

^ a closer look at the gap - 1" further out with the AE100's
I would have put a measuring device in the photo, but I needed a third hand
Old 04-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #22
OmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I figure I'd toss up a few more, since I'm in a pic-happy mood

The test fit:

Oh, and the clearance between stock wheel / tire size and UCA

That's all you get!! NOT ONE MO..

... ok, NOW I'm done.

>/photobomb<
Old 04-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #24

thanks!

can't wait to see pics, post up when you get 'em mounted.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #26

NO, factory lug nuts will not work, unfortunately.

I picked up a set on eBay like these only chrome -

You're gonna want a 12x1.5 with a 60° conical seat.

The stock lug nuts look like this:

Old 04-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #27
Huntr Pat is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired Flight Engineer
Huntr Pat's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Huntr Pat
where on vehicle do you find the bold pattern spacing between lugs? Or is all Tacoma's 6 5.5 lug pattern/
Old 04-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #28
DAMOS is on a distinguished road

DAMOS's Tacoma Gallery
Looks very good
Old 06-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #30
sull625 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Dave
sull625's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking set of slippers ya have there!
Old 06-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #31

Lookin' good!

I like your roof rack - you ever use it?

Today I was reminded that I need to invest in some of those side window visors - turning a corner in the rain with a fresh wax job got me and my door controls all wet
Old 06-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #32
new and improved
bill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: billy
bill-e-boy's Tacoma Gallery
roof rack

naaah...i never use it....i installed the rack after i bought the truck, they didn't have one on the lot with a rack when i bought my truck...so i ordered it later.,It's only attached with 8 screws.....so there is no reinforcement in the roof like i would think it would have had it come from the factory with the rack.

i just like the look of the racks on our trucks.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:43 PM   #40