Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Replacement stock front and rear bumper

Old 01-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #1
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Replacement stock front and rear bumper

Looking for a online source to purchase replacement bumpers for my 02. I want black cause I have chrome and want to dechrome my truck. All I see for the front is that chrome piece as a replacement not a whole assembly. I think that is all I need but anyone have a illustration on how to remove the bottom plastic valance and then the chrome part to replace it with a new black piece? Also if anyone purchased the black replacement bumpers...are then just primered? Will then last or do I need to really paint them. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #2
Veteran
low boy is on a distinguished road

Army: Operator
Name: Matt
low boy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
Looking for a online source to purchase replacement bumpers for my 02. I want black cause I have chrome and want to dechrome my truck. All I see for the front is that chrome piece as a replacement not a whole assembly. I think that is all I need but anyone have a illustration on how to remove the bottom plastic valance and then the chrome part to replace it with a new black piece? Also if anyone purchased the black replacement bumpers...are then just primered? Will then last or do I need to really paint them. Thanks.
I just did the same thing. But it was more cost effective to media blast your existing Chrome bumpers, then powder coat matte black. The cost will total about $300.00 depending on where you go. Check out my gallery for pics. Hope this helps.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

my only concern is down time. this is my main vehicle. cant be driving around w/o a front turn signal or rear license plate and rear license plate light.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
eBay is your friend! Fresh OEM black bumper for you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-1995-...242b34&vxp=mtr
Old 01-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #5

@Yamaha Dave: thanks...I found a couple rear but the front is my concern. All I see is primer black or grey painted...anyone know where I can get one painted or even already powdercoated? I really dont want to resort to derping them.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
Tacoma Lover
SupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if you were looking after market but check out trailgear.com
Old 01-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #7

I found the front and rear but concerned how long the front piece that is primer black will last cause the rear is powdercoated already black. Maybe I can just powdercoat the front piece. Hopefully it is cheap. Also how and what do I need to remove the front plastic valence to add in this piece? Is it all clips and some bolts?
Old 01-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #8

Nvm I found the PDF file. I will just order some black ones and get the front powdercoated. Sell the stock chrome ones.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #9
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Can you post a link of where you got the PDF?
Old 01-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #10

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post3710381
Old 01-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
hkdontoyotas is on a distinguished road
hkdontoyotas's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.certifit.com/
Old 01-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #12
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
@Yamaha Dave: thanks...I found a couple rear but the front is my concern. All I see is primer black or grey painted...anyone know where I can get one painted or even already powdercoated? I really dont want to resort to derping them.
Paint and dye it yourself for about $20 + your time

Old 02-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #13
ExOkie is on a distinguished road

Name: Gary
ExOkie's Tacoma Gallery
Certifit

I called Certifit last fall since my chrome front bumper is rusting. They quoted me about $80 for a paint it yourself front bumper. That's my next project.