Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Center Console/Bucket Seat Swap Help!

Old 01-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Center Console/Bucket Seat Swap Help!

I have a 98 with the 60/40 split bench seats and I dont like them. I have been looking around for months but its damn near impossible to find a 1st gen Tacoma center console/ bucket seats lying around.

I found a guy on CL near me that has a 1st gen 4Runner (late 80's).
Does anyone know if the seats from it will fit in my truck? (Will the bolts line up, etc.)

(Of course that will leave me still looking for a center console, but its a start)
Old 01-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh
mountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cory
mountainman94's Tacoma Gallery
I know that Madjik_man has done a seat and console swap. He might be a good brain to pick of information.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
No, 1st gen 4Runner seats will not bolt up.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Years and years ago...
I put REG cab buckets and console in my 96 extended cab that had 60/40 and manual trans.

It bolted up...

The only weird thing about it was... The console didn't fit firmly around the tunnel. You just bolt it down and I may have used spacers (can't remember) to make it work. I loved that mod!!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty sure only 3rd gen 4runners will bolt up, or at least be very minimal modification. But that's just a semi-kinda-guess.

As for center consoles and bucket seat console from 95.5-04 will bolt up in your ext cab. Just make sure you have the matching bracket for the respective console.

And I highly suggest an 01-04 center console/cup holder assembly for bucket seats.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #6
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
I'm pretty sure only 3rd gen 4runners will bolt up, or at least be very minimal modification. But that's just a semi-kinda-guess.

As for center consoles and bucket seat console from 95.5-04 will bolt up in your ext cab. Just make sure you have the matching bracket for the respective console.

And I highly suggest an 01-04 center console/cup holder assembly for bucket seats.
TRUTH.

first mod i did, before even joining TW: i traded my 60/40 bench from my 99 to my buddy who drove a 00 single cab 4x4 for his driver bucket and console. the driver bucket doesn't go back as far as my passenger does by about 1-2 clicks... not that big of a deal. the bucket and console were a direct swap. his console was missing the clip and one of the stabilizers, but since then have been taken care of. i wanted more storage, he wanted his g/f to give him road head lol, even if that meant he had 0 cup holders... now i have 4, best free mod i've done, but eventually i wanna get a 01-04 center console, cuz the cup holders from the 98-00 console bite dick... great for storing my phone, glasses, change, and sun glasses tho! just no drinks