Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Demello 1st Gen PreRunner Bumper ?'s

Old 01-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
AggiePilot12 has a spectacular aura aboutAggiePilot12 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
AggiePilot12's Tacoma Gallery
Demello 1st Gen PreRunner Bumper ?'s

Understand they're busy over at Demello, I have sent an email and a PM to Jason but no response so hopefully y'all can answer my questions:

1) Are there existing license plate mounts?
a) If so, can you flip up the license plate to access the 2 in. towing
receiver? Similar to a vertical door hinge.
b) If not, (why not?) would it be fairly easy to fab mounting spots?

2) Can you use the stock spare tire access point underneath the tailgate
via the supplied stock 'turn style rod'?

3) Last ?: Has anyone had any trouble mounting this bumper? I am hoping
bolt-on truly means bolt on. Not like the rock crusher sliders needing
cutting/drilling/welding.

Thanks TW
Old 01-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
ToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ToyoTaco02's Tacoma Gallery
I have this exact bumper that I got from demello offroad about 3 or 4 years ago. It's a great looking bumper and has held up very well. License plate mount can be flipped up so you can access the 2" receiver. The bumper is truly bolt on it uses the factory holes to mount. I think it weighs like 60 lbs. give or take so you might need a hand when it comes to mounting. You can still use the spare tire access drop down.