Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Beefiest frame plates

Old 01-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
License2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
License2Ill's Tacoma Gallery
Beefiest frame plates

Just a quick question. Just to see what you guys recommend as the beefiest frame plates.

I'm looking to order my rear plate bumper w/ tire carrier & hi-lift mount next week. Total, it looks like 300 lbs...
I also frequently need to haul heavy loads over bullshit roads.

Not wanting to box the frame.

TIA for the suggestions.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
They're all about the same. Everyone that I know of uses 3/16th plate. Only way to do more is to make your own from 1/4"
Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by License2Ill View Post
Just a quick question. Just to see what you guys recommend as the beefiest frame plates.

I'm looking to order my rear plate bumper w/ tire carrier & hi-lift mount next week. Total, it looks like 300 lbs...
I also frequently need to haul heavy loads over bullshit roads.

Not wanting to box the frame.

TIA for the suggestions.
the frame is boxed allready
Old 01-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
License2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
They're all about the same. Everyone that I know of uses 3/16th plate. Only way to do more is to make your own from 1/4"
Okay, thanks Box. Are there any that you've seen that seem like a better design as far as how it's weld fitment is designed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid56 View Post
the frame is boxed allready
I know! Too bad they didn't box the whole thang!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
I was gonna go with CBI plates man.

Or if your looking to relocate your rear shocks maybe consider the TG frame boxing kit.
I'm gonna have CBI do my bumper.

Their plates (first choice), seem like more plate and less welding surface to me....
I might want to relocate the shock mounts after going to 10" and it doesn't work out.