1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suspension Ideas

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Sankuh, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Jan 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM
    Sankuh

Sankuh [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    02 Ext. Cab 2.7 5 Speed
    Looking to upgrade my suspension, I have a 01 Double Cab 4x4 Limited with a V6. Im looking to get a whole new suspension front and back. Main thing I'm looking for is a smoother ride off road. Also, i only want 2 inches of lift, 3 at the max. I know there is a bunch of set ups out there, I'm looking for full kits, with a price range around $2000, i don't mind paying less either. Just wanted to see what your setups are and how you like them, or dislike(hopefully not).

2. Jan 24, 2013 at 10:39 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    OME kit from Wheelers offroad with Alcan wheelers 5 pack rear springs and OME 881 front coils.

Comes with everything you need and is only around 1000-1200

3. Jan 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM
    Norton

Norton Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Access Cab 4x4 V6 6MT, TRD OR & Tow Packages
    Magnuson S/C w/12TRDTacoma's Qwikchange Hub & 2.5" RIP-Modded Pulley, Roostfactor's Pulley Wrap Mod; FPR Mod; JustDSM Tune via HPT MPVI2; mightytacoman Intercooler Tank; aFe POWER Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S Air Filter; OME Suspension Lift (885 Coils, Dakar Leafs, NitroCharger Sports); TRD Quickshifter w/TRD 6-Spd Knob; TRD Exhaust; NSB-AGM27F Battery w/HKB Adjustable Voltage Booster & Coupe's TRD Battery Hold Down; Goodridge SS Brake Lines; Trident904's MT ADM; BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2s on FJ SE Anthracite Rims; N-Fab 6-Step Nerf Bars; BPF TRD Skid, Tow Hook, & Cooling Panel; jsi's Locker Anytime, Up2NoGood's 2Lo Module; ramonortiz55's Always on Power Outlet Relay, ND4's Fog Light Anytime, & Crom's Speed Bleeder Mods; crashnburn80's Ultimate Headlight & Fog Light Upgrades; ThreatLevelMidnight's Wireless Charger; 4Runner 4X4 & FJ Fog Light Switches; redtaco2007-inspired LED License Plate Lights; AudioControl LC2i LOC, JL Audio XD200/2v2 Amp, Focal PS165V1 Spkrs, Sound Ordnance B-8PTD Sub, Hushmat & Noico Sound Insulation; loginfailed-inspired Speedhut Boost & AFR Gauges in a Lotek Pillar Pod; Ltd Auto-Dim/Compass/Temp/Backup Camera/Homelink mirror on ImMrYo's Mirror Lift Bracket; TacomaBeast Glove Box & Console Organizers; Husky Floor Liners; UltraGauge EM; mesojdm's Ultimate LED Dome & Map Lights & GASSHOLE; Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite; Mobtown Offroad Locking Bed Storage Doors; Toyota Bed Mat; Cali Raised Led Bed Stiffeners; Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock w/TacomaTruckParts Support Bracket; ARE Z-Series Cap, SolarGard Tint; BlendMounted & MirrorTapped Uniden R3; CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna; Amsoil Lubricants; Adam's Detailing Supplies
    This ^^ is excellent advice. :thumbsup:

4. Jan 25, 2013 at 12:58 AM
    ffirg

ffirg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4X4
    $$$
    That's what I'm going with, except with the OME dakar springs! and possibly 882/883 coils. But you can't go wrong with OME stuff.

5. Jan 25, 2013 at 6:49 AM
    jaunty

jaunty Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    99 V6 TRD Automatic 4x4
    ive been looking into 4wheelparts OME kit. light duty. its 979, plus 5% Promo code gets it down to 930. Its for OME rear leafs, front coils and ARB shocks. comes with shackles and exhaust bracket.

anyone have thoughts on this package versus wheelersoffroad? I do plan on renting a coil compressor and putting those together myself.

6. Jan 25, 2013 at 7:40 AM
    BVCOTaco

BVCOTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    BV, CO
    Vehicle:
    02 Xtra Cab SR5 TRD
    ARB Bullbar
    ^^^ This. I have an extended cab with the full OME, Dakar springs and the 883 coils. Couldn't be happier. Talk to Dan at Wheelers. He will discuss the different options with you. Just make a list of questions prior to calling. I would recommend 882 or 883 coils with the double cab. If you are going with a winch and/or plate bumper and/or heavy skids, go with the 883 coils.

Products Discussed in

To Top