1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help With Rear Lift

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by adower, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Jan 27, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    adower

adower [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I just bought a 2000 Tacoma. It has a 3" RevTek lift on it. (http://store.revtek.com/p/1995-1-2-...uspension-system-also-requires-2-of-p-n-r2515)

I am looking at getting rid of this lift and getting something with better ride quality and want to stay with a 3" lift. Currently the rear has the block and some longer bilstein shocks (unsure of the model). Should I just measure the size of the block and get an AAL of the same height?

Front:- Should give me 3" lift correct?
    Bilstein 5100's
    Eibach Springs

Back:
    AAL - I am not sure what size to get. How do I figure this out?

Thanks for any help!

2. Jan 27, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    Mr. Biscuits

Mr. Biscuits gentleman and a scholar

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    - OME suspension - Custom front/rear tube bumpers - 33x12.5r15 BFG KOs - Deckplate mod + AFE reusable filter - Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, chopped before leaf spring - Toyota Horns emblem by Diaz Fabrication - Pioneer stereo and new speakers + 10" sub - camper shell
    i believe if you set the bilsteins to .85 with the eibach coils you will achieve either 3 inches or damn near close. i'm not sure of a 3" AAL so i'd recommend a 1.5" or 2" AAL with a 1.5" or 1" lift shackle in the rear. or however you want to split the 3 inches between the two options. but the higher lift on the AAL will usually result in a stiffer ride.

3. Jan 28, 2013 at 6:15 AM
    adower

Member:
    I've read there are 3" AAL by Toytec. I was thinking of going with those but was not sure if thats what I needed. There are already bilsteins shocks in the rear but I am not sure if they are long enough.

I dont mind a rough ride. I've always had cars that were done up suspension wise and I'm so used to it now thats it is not even funny.

4. Jan 28, 2013 at 7:11 AM
    jrzyshore

jrzyshore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Prius TRD Offroad
    Icon extended travel coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Timbren Bump stops ,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
    If you are just running stock Billies you are going to need to replace them. You're are probably just better off ordering the hole kit with the with the Eibach springs, 5100 and AAL from Toytec. I have been running that set up now for a little over a year with no issues.

5. Jan 28, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    adower

Member:
    What would I need for the rear lift? The truck already has a 3" lift and I want to keep it.

6. Jan 28, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    adower

Member:

Any link to the kit? I don't see it on their website. I don't think they're stock bilsteins as there is a 3"lift on the rear.

7. Jan 28, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    jrzyshore

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    Icon extended travel coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Timbren Bump stops ,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
    I am not sure if it worked I am on my IPhone.

8. Jan 28, 2013 at 9:01 AM
    jrzyshore

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    The link did work. It's a good set up that wont break the bank, there are quite a few others running. I wouldn't suggest running any lift with the stock shocks the is a good chance you can damage the when the travel is maxed out.

9. Jan 28, 2013 at 9:02 AM
    adower

Member:
    Can you post one link back? It doesn't show any info about the kit. Just a big pic.

10. Jan 28, 2013 at 10:12 AM
    jrzyshore

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
  11. Jan 28, 2013 at 10:13 AM
    jrzyshore

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    I got it that time still learning the phone.:)

12. Jan 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM
    adower

Member:
    Nice!! That is just what I was looking for!!! Thank you sir.

13. Jan 28, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    jrzyshore

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    Not a problem.:thumbsup:

14. Jan 28, 2013 at 11:49 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Billy 5100's set at zero w/Toytec/Eibach coils will give you 3"

If your still stock in back dump the block put on 2 Chevy springs per side on rear get your 3" ,superior ride on/off road, keep most of your $$$ in the pocket for other MODS....;)

15. Jan 29, 2013 at 12:23 AM
    YotaOverAll

YotaOverAll Backyard Performance

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessie
    Panama City, FL
    Vehicle:
    02 Prerunner SR5
    3" Toytec spacers, Bilstein 5100s in the back with add a leaf and overloads removed.
    I got the 2 inch add a leaf with my my kit, it gave the truck about an inch or so of rake over the 3 inches in the front. I took my Overloads out and it leveled out.

16. Jan 29, 2013 at 5:42 AM
    jrzyshore

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    I just noticed I linked you to the second gen sorry :eek:. You can pretty much piece that kit together I also know a couple people running this on their first gen and are very happy with it.

17. Jan 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM
    adower

Member:
    I am actually going to order the ome full kit with 883 springs and drakar leafs. I've read it offers better ride quality. Since its my dd I chose those.

18. Jan 29, 2013 at 2:07 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    VERY wrong.

thats for 2nd gens ONLY. 1st gens you NEVER precomress Eibach coils.

This is a great choice man. Highly recommended. If you don't have the abilty as well get the coils pre mounted from Wheelers so then its a very easy install.

this is a great option.

sorry i didn't call you!

19. Jan 29, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    adower

Member:
    No worries then brother. I will be getting them pre setup since its only a little more. Plus their kit comes with the extended brake line and some other odds and ends.

20. Jan 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    yes its a great kit and will last a long while as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top