Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Finding An OEM Keyless Entry System?

Old 01-28-2013, 01:08 AM   #1
flexdaddy is on a distinguished road

Marines: 1st Battalion 23rd Marines Weapons Company
flexdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
Finding An OEM Keyless Entry System?

Just bought my first Taco.. super proud new papa! Having the keyless entry pad on all three of my F250's (04,07,11) Ive become spoiled rotten with leaving my keys in the trucks when going to the gocery store, gym, huntin, etc over the years. I hate carrying my keys. Anyway is there a company that makes a nice keyless entry pad? Also, wondering if I could find a used or new OEM keyless entry system (remote & brain) for my 98??? Thanks guys!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #2
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Only OEM keyless PADS if I remember correctly are FORD products. You carry a cell phone with you all the time right? Get one of the VIPER Smart Start systems. hen you can open and unlock with your phone or remotes.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:43 AM   #3
flexdaddy is on a distinguished road

Marines: 1st Battalion 23rd Marines Weapons Company
flexdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a great idea! That will be my second option. Actually read a long article where a guy figured how to install a Ford keyless keypad on a Dodge Caliber. Neat article and cool youtube video. Here is the link to the video and article:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kG6GXieaKM

http://www.caliberforumz.com/showthr...t=24348&page=5

I'd like to see someone tackle that project with a Taco! Anyone game?
Old 01-28-2013, 03:58 AM   #4
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Arduino...