Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st gen tacomas with HID lights! Pictures please!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
03tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen tacomas with HID lights! Pictures please!

Looking into HID headlights but not sure how to go about it or which ones I would like better. Post your pictures and a little about yours/what you did and maybe problems you had or tips for anyone else
Old 01-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed , I'm looking into the same thing. But I want projectors with hids
Old 01-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) w/4300k bulbs from TRS. Easiest insall (lots of guides floating around), looks clean, perfroms awesome.
Check out my build page for more pics.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
morimoto mini h1 projector with 6000k HIDs

it's a billion and a half percent improvement over my 8000ks in the reflector housings
Old 01-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Avoid HID's...if possible do a retro fit so you dont blind on coming traffic.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
pretty sure its technically illegal, but I just ordered a set of 35 watt ballasts for my head lights and fogs with 5000k bulbs and then angled the lights down a little so I didn't blind anyone too much.

Depends on which route you want to go.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have any pics of the headlights specifically, but here's a couple of the truck.
Projector retrofit with halos.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #8
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman117 View Post
I don't have any pics of the headlights specifically, but here's a couple of the truck.

Specs please! This would be amazing on my taco ! Only two pics I have of mine woth the lights on...i can take some tonight when it gets darker
Attached Thumbnails
1st gen tacomas with HID lights! Pictures please!-uploadfromtaptalk1359409926781.jpg   1st gen tacomas with HID lights! Pictures please!-uploadfromtaptalk1359409943216.jpg  
Old 01-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #9
03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Talking

Quote:

your trucks so sexy
Old 01-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) w/4300k bulbs from TRS. Easiest insall (lots of guides floating around), looks clean, perfroms awesome.
Check out my build page for more pics.
I'll have to look those up. is there a difference between halos and HID ? I just want hi/low HID lights in the same bulb since tacomas only have one headlight bulb .and i'm pretty sure the bulb size for 03 tacoma is 9003 ? can anyone back me up on that. where did you buy your stuff from for your lights . btw nice truck
Old 01-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #11
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03tacoman View Post
I'll have to look those up. is there a difference between halos and HID ? I just want hi/low HID lights in the same bulb since tacomas only have one headlight bulb .and i'm pretty sure the bulb size for 03 tacoma is 9003 ? can anyone back me up on that. where did you buy your stuff from for your lights . btw nice truck
HID is the style of bulb, projector is the type of lens and housing, halos are just the lit ring that some people have. Halos are purely for looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc98tacoma View Post
Specs please! This would be amazing on my taco ! Only two pics I have of mine woth the lights on...i can take some tonight when it gets darker
My headlights are FXR's from the retrofitsource with gatling shrouds and 90mm led halos in the front.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #12
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
8ks

D2S Retrofit

Old 01-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #13
Quote:
HID is the style of bulb, projector is the type of lens and housing, halos are just the lit ring that some people have. Halos are purely for looks.

My headlights are FXR's from the retrofitsource with gatling shrouds and 90mm led halos in the front.
thanks for clearing that up...where'd you get your halos from? and what's the difference between regular and retro fit?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #14
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Retro fit is putting a projector in the stock housing and utilizing just the projector for the light, the "halo" ring is just an led strip that goes either inside or outside of what shroud you choose to go around your projector. Putting a regular hid bulb in your stock housing will just spread un necessary light and blind on coming drivers
Old 01-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #15
AWESOME MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03tacoman View Post
thanks for clearing that up...where'd you get your halos from? and what's the difference between regular and retro fit?
I got my halos from TRS (theretrofitsource) when I got my projectors from them. They can tell you which halos fit which shrouds.
I'm not sure what you mean by regular, like projectors already installed in headlight housings? The benifit of a retrofit over premade ones is the quality of projectors from TRS.
With a retrofit, you only get the guts of the headlight, the projector itself and the wiring, and you install it in your stock headlight housing.
Heres some pics.

This is the projector and shroud upside down. (The shroud is a piece of plastic that covers the projector to make it look pretty)

Here's from the top.

Now I'm not sure about the other types of projector (mini's) but with FXR's you have to cut a larger hole in the back of your stock housing and glue the projector in.

Also this is a halo. The yellow ring just lights up white as a cool looking running light.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #16
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

Name: Matt
04trd's Tacoma Gallery
conman do u have your angel eyes that run with your runnings lights? if so how did u do it pics would b great if you have them
Old 01-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #17
Formally afroman5015

Ive got the same shrouds with the mini d2s an the xb angel eyes inside of the shroud
Old 01-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #18
AWESOME MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04trd View Post
conman do u have your angel eyes that run with your runnings lights? if so how did u do it pics would b great if you have them
Yes and no, I spliced my halos into my corner lights. Its not going to be my final solution, but it was the easiest and fastest for me at the time. In order for me to have my halos on, I have to turn on my lights 1 click on the steering column knob. Also I have a "mod" that keeps my HIDs off until I turn the knob 2 clicks. But for you, I'd do it the right way first. Find out how to disable the headlights (do 04 trucks have the headlights on all the time?) and where to wire the halos into. If you find out how, let me know, if I find out, I'll let you know.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #19
Quote:
I got my halos from TRS (theretrofitsource) when I got my projectors from them. They can tell you which halos fit which shrouds.
I'm not sure what you mean by regular, like projectors already installed in headlight housings? The benifit of a retrofit over premade ones is the quality of projectors from TRS.
With a retrofit, you only get the guts of the headlight, the projector itself and the wiring, and you install it in your stock headlight housing.
Heres some pics.

This is the projector and shroud upside down. (The shroud is a piece of plastic that covers the projector to make it look pretty)

Here's from the top.

Now I'm not sure about the other types of projector (mini's) but with FXR's you have to cut a larger hole in the back of your stock housing and glue the projector in.

Also this is a halo. The yellow ring just lights up white as a cool looking running light.

confusing what projectors do you have?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #20
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Want projectors terribly! Just don't know if I want to rip my lenses open and what not...

Products Discussed in this Thread