1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3rd member problems

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by dmaxryan10, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Jan 30, 2013 at 5:20 PM
    dmaxryan10

dmaxryan10 [OP] TACAMO

Member:
    western nc
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma "tacamo"
    lifted with mickey thompsons with 33's, wrapped in mossy oak break up, trd e locker with grey wire mod, CB with big @$$ antenna.
    well i was out today changing the pass side cv axle because i had a popping and grinding sound in 4x4, and the boot was slinging grease, well all that went smoothly, and got the new cv in...
    after i put the wheel back on and tried to spin the tire there was still quite a bit of resistance, well i had already decided i was gonna change all the fluids in the entire truck, got to the front diff, drained the fluid, stuck my finger in the drain hole and found about 30 pieces of metal about the size of small gravel!!!!! the 4x4 still pops and grinds so the 3rd is shot....

i just want to make sure i have all my ducks in a row before i pull it out and swap a salvage yard 3rd in..
    i have the 2002 tacoma 4x4 v6 5 speed with the e locker in the rear, still has stock gears which i believe are 4:10's? let me know if that sounds right.
    also i got quoted $400 for the removal and install with the 3rd member price included. that a good price? i thought it was.
    i figured i'd ask the pros before i sink the $400 in it. also any other routes you would take instead of the route i picked?

thanks! Ryan.

2. Jan 30, 2013 at 6:01 PM
    dmaxryan10

dmaxryan10 [OP] TACAMO

Member:
    western nc
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma "tacamo"
    lifted with mickey thompsons with 33's, wrapped in mossy oak break up, trd e locker with grey wire mod, CB with big @$$ antenna.
    anyone got any suggestions? or does that sound like a plan? i'd like to have it in 4x4 before the weekend.

3. Jan 30, 2013 at 6:03 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    I have problems with my third member sometimes, its often out of control....a lot of bump and grind, just like the issues you have.

:popcorn:

4. Jan 30, 2013 at 6:10 PM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    :rofl:

opened this thread knowing there'd be a joke of some sort, shoulda known that it'd come that fast.

5. Jan 30, 2013 at 6:12 PM
    dmaxryan10

dmaxryan10 [OP] TACAMO

Member:
    western nc
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma "tacamo"
    haha, yeah yeah i figured there'd be someone who would say something like that, i didn't know how else to word it though lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top