1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with Sliders!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Tman12, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Feb 5, 2009 at 6:33 AM
    Tman12

Tman12 [OP] =T=

Member:
    First Name:
    Taryn
    VA
    Vehicle:
    01 Limited Double Cab 4x4
    Brush Guard, Flowmaster,Infinity 12" Sub,Vent Visors, Michelin AT2,Powder Coated stock alloy rims, yakima roof rack and bike mounts.
    Im looking to buy some rock sliders for my 01 dbl cab and dont really know where to look. I dont need ones that are made perfect or ones that can handle gettin hit by a train but mainly cause i dont like the look of nerf bars and like these. So if anyone can help i would like to see some in the 200 and under range. Thanks.

2. Feb 5, 2009 at 6:37 AM
    dud122

dud122 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!
    i am also looking into this...

i've heard some good and bad about the dependability of the trail gear sliders. if you don't care if they will stand up to a lot of abuse i heard they are sokme of the least expensive ones out there...

if you can find a metal fabricator in your area that would do it you could probably get a set custom made for even cheaper

3. Feb 5, 2009 at 6:41 AM
    Tman12

Tman12 [OP] =T=

Member:
    First Name:
    Taryn
    VA
    Vehicle:
    Brush Guard, Flowmaster,Infinity 12" Sub,Vent Visors, Michelin AT2,Powder Coated stock alloy rims, yakima roof rack and bike mounts.
    Alright that might be an option. Yea i dont need any really rugged ones. More or less for looks i dont do a whole lot of hard wheelin. Just throw some mud evey now and then.

4. Feb 5, 2009 at 6:42 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Did you check out they call them rock guards.
    May be what you are looking for, and the price seems good.

5. Feb 5, 2009 at 6:47 AM
    dud122

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!
    well if you want sliders to protect from rocks you might as well get dependable ones because bent sliders is just as bad as no sliders...

if you want a different look and don't really need the protection of sliders try the n-fab step bars

6. Feb 5, 2009 at 7:17 AM
    Killer Red Taco

Killer Red Taco NorCal Rock Whore

Member:
    First Name:
    Whatsurname
    BFE–Norcal
    Vehicle:
    007 Tacoma A/C TRD O/R Impulse Red 4x4
    Bilstein 5100 on front at 1.75 setting • 5100 on back• K&N Air Filter• TRD Seat Covers• Day Time Running Lights• Foglights Anytime• Hella 500 lights in grille• Rear TSB Springs• Alternative Locker Mod• CB and 4 ft firestick II• Billet Grille• Kid puke in the back!• 265/75R16 Goodyear MT/R• 16" Devino wheels• Hose Clamp Mod• Revenge Fab Sliders• No Sway Bar• A Hottie as Copilot
  7. Feb 5, 2009 at 7:19 AM
    cclax2145

cclax2145 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2002 prerunner SR5 Blacked out
    Deckplate mod, K&N drop in, blacked out tails and emblems, 3 inch toytec spacer/AAL lift, Alpine head unit, Boston acustics speakers, and 10 inch image dynamics sub (in custom seat/box), Alpine EQ, Flowmaster 40 series, and viper alarm system, 33inch bfg MTs, 15inch black steelys
    Look at the ones at http://www.trail-gear.com/tacoma.html they are 199 and the shipping to texas was like 60 dollars it shipped fast and only had a small scuff on the powder coating.

8. Feb 5, 2009 at 8:56 AM
    dhuske

dhuske Member

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 SR5 TRD
    5" tuff country lift, 33x12.5 micky tomp MTZ, allpro off road front bumper, custom KC lights on bumper, CB radio, roll on bed liner.
    how good are the trail gear sliders? will they take a lil bit of a beating before they get all bent up?

9. Feb 5, 2009 at 2:04 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    these are the ones i just ordered. derek at revenge-fab is a cool dude..........and the price for the sliders for my double cab was great. i should have them in next week sometime.

10. Feb 5, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    dud122

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC

hopefully people from both sides of this debate will chime in... i have heard people say that trail gear in general is sketchy and there is a reason they are the cheapest... but others say they have them and have had no problems...

i guess just try to find people that actually have them and see what they think

11. Feb 5, 2009 at 6:38 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    YES! someone else who chews grizz!

now...back on topic...sliders

how "hard" are you going to be using them?

I had mine custom built to withstand me THROWING the truck onto them into a rock

How hard you wheel or whatever will need to be the first thing to determine before we can pick a set of sliders for you

12. Feb 6, 2009 at 8:57 AM
    Tman12

Tman12 [OP] =T=

Member:
    First Name:
    Taryn
    VA
    Vehicle:
    About the "revenge sliders"! The web site dosnt say that they have any for an 01 double cab. Which ones would work for that truck?

13. Feb 6, 2009 at 9:07 AM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    It’sa Lexus, boogie woogie woogie
    He will fab them up. Will (tacomaman06) just got a set for his first gen DC. Email the guy at Revenge Fab and he'll make you a set the proper length.

Will, I know that in the other thread you wanted to get DOM tubing. Is he fabbing you up a pair using DOM tubing or are you sticking to the HREW that he has on there?

14. Feb 6, 2009 at 9:52 AM
    Killer Red Taco

Killer Red Taco NorCal Rock Whore

Member:
    First Name:
    Whatsurname
    BFE–Norcal
    Vehicle:
    007 Tacoma A/C TRD O/R Impulse Red 4x4
    Bilstein 5100 on front at 1.75 setting • 5100 on back• K&N Air Filter• TRD Seat Covers• Day Time Running Lights• Foglights Anytime• Hella 500 lights in grille• Rear TSB Springs• Alternative Locker Mod• CB and 4 ft firestick II• Billet Grille• Kid puke in the back!• 265/75R16 Goodyear MT/R• 16" Devino wheels• Hose Clamp Mod• Revenge Fab Sliders• No Sway Bar• A Hottie as Copilot
    He will make them out of DOM tubing if requested. just shoot him a phone call or email.

15. Feb 6, 2009 at 10:09 AM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    This is most excellent news. Gotta love great customer service! :D

Now, if only I had ~$250+ for DOM sliders.

16. Feb 6, 2009 at 1:51 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    yeah man...............i asked him and he's making mine outta DOM tubing. and it was just a bit more than hrew................hrew for $175.............my dom's for $240, plus shipping. not a bad deal......and Derek has great customer service. glad i went with revenge-fab.

if any of ya'll want a good set of sliders at a good price.............give Derek at revenge-fab a call.

17. Feb 6, 2009 at 1:51 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    he'll even do kickouts if you want him too!

18. Feb 6, 2009 at 2:51 PM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    Awesome man! When are they coming in?

19. Feb 6, 2009 at 2:52 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    hopefully next week sometime............i gotta email Derek for shipping info.

Products Discussed in

To Top