Notices

Help with Sliders!

Old 02-05-2009, 06:33 AM   #1
=T=
Tman12 will become famous soon enough

Name: Taryn
Tman12's Tacoma Gallery
Help with Sliders!

Im looking to buy some rock sliders for my 01 dbl cab and dont really know where to look. I dont need ones that are made perfect or ones that can handle gettin hit by a train but mainly cause i dont like the look of nerf bars and like these. So if anyone can help i would like to see some in the 200 and under range. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:37 AM   #2
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
i am also looking into this...

i've heard some good and bad about the dependability of the trail gear sliders. if you don't care if they will stand up to a lot of abuse i heard they are sokme of the least expensive ones out there...

if you can find a metal fabricator in your area that would do it you could probably get a set custom made for even cheaper
Old 02-05-2009, 06:41 AM   #3
=T=

Tman12's Tacoma Gallery
Alright that might be an option. Yea i dont need any really rugged ones. More or less for looks i dont do a whole lot of hard wheelin. Just throw some mud evey now and then.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:47 AM   #5
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
well if you want sliders to protect from rocks you might as well get dependable ones because bent sliders is just as bad as no sliders...

if you want a different look and don't really need the protection of sliders try the n-fab step bars
Old 02-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #7
cclax2145 is on a distinguished road

cclax2145's Tacoma Gallery
Look at the ones at http://www.trail-gear.com/tacoma.html they are 199 and the shipping to texas was like 60 dollars it shipped fast and only had a small scuff on the powder coating.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #8
dhuske is on a distinguished road
Navy: PO2, NMCB4 Seabees
dhuske's Tacoma Gallery
how good are the trail gear sliders? will they take a lil bit of a beating before they get all bent up?
Old 02-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Red Taco View Post
here you buddy: http://revenge-fab.com/sliders.html

Don't tell anybody but my GF is getting me some.
these are the ones i just ordered. derek at revenge-fab is a cool dude..........and the price for the sliders for my double cab was great. i should have them in next week sometime.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #10
rabble rabble rabble

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuske View Post
how good are the trail gear sliders? will they take a lil bit of a beating before they get all bent up?

hopefully people from both sides of this debate will chime in... i have heard people say that trail gear in general is sketchy and there is a reason they are the cheapest... but others say they have them and have had no problems...

i guess just try to find people that actually have them and see what they think
Old 02-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
YES! someone else who chews grizz!

now...back on topic...sliders

how "hard" are you going to be using them?

I had mine custom built to withstand me THROWING the truck onto them into a rock

How hard you wheel or whatever will need to be the first thing to determine before we can pick a set of sliders for you
Old 02-06-2009, 08:57 AM   #12
=T=

Tman12's Tacoma Gallery
About the "revenge sliders"! The web site dosnt say that they have any for an 01 double cab. Which ones would work for that truck?
Old 02-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #13
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman12 View Post
About the "revenge sliders"! The web site dosnt say that they have any for an 01 double cab. Which ones would work for that truck?
He will fab them up. Will (tacomaman06) just got a set for his first gen DC. Email the guy at Revenge Fab and he'll make you a set the proper length.

Will, I know that in the other thread you wanted to get DOM tubing. Is he fabbing you up a pair using DOM tubing or are you sticking to the HREW that he has on there?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #15
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Red Taco View Post
He will make them out of DOM tubing if requested. just shoot him a phone call or email.
This is most excellent news. Gotta love great customer service!

Now, if only I had ~$250+ for DOM sliders.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #16
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
He will fab them up. Will (tacomaman06) just got a set for his first gen DC. Email the guy at Revenge Fab and he'll make you a set the proper length.

Will, I know that in the other thread you wanted to get DOM tubing. Is he fabbing you up a pair using DOM tubing or are you sticking to the HREW that he has on there?
yeah man...............i asked him and he's making mine outta DOM tubing. and it was just a bit more than hrew................hrew for $175.............my dom's for $240, plus shipping. not a bad deal......and Derek has great customer service. glad i went with revenge-fab.

if any of ya'll want a good set of sliders at a good price.............give Derek at revenge-fab a call.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #17

Quote:
This is most excellent news. Gotta love great customer service!

Now, if only I had ~$250+ for DOM sliders.
he'll even do kickouts if you want him too!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #18
come on fhqwhgads

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yeah man...............i asked him and he's making mine outta DOM tubing. and it was just a bit more than hrew................hrew for $175.............my dom's for $240, plus shipping. not a bad deal......and Derek has great customer service. glad i went with revenge-fab.

if any of ya'll want a good set of sliders at a good price.............give Derek at revenge-fab a call.
Awesome man! When are they coming in?
Old 02-06-2009, 02:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Awesome man! When are they coming in?
hopefully next week sometime............i gotta email Derek for shipping info.