i have a tire decision to make and need some help guys

View Poll Results: Which one should get please help
General Grabbers red labels 43 31.85%
Toyo Open Country M/T 58 42.96%
Other 34 25.19%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #61
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Mud tires also suck in sand. So, keep that in mind if you do a lot of wheeling in sand.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #62
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
my RT03's work equally well in sand and mud...
rock/snow/ice/rain and street duty performance is good as well.
not to mention their lower buy in cost

IMO... the RT03 is a great "all around" choice when considering off road tires.

Looks like a AT... but treads like a MT
or
Looks like a MT... treads like a AT

^ yep... a dual purpose/use tire that simply works
Old 02-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #63
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post

or

I have fallen in love with my Hankooks!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #64
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I also have RT03's. I would've voted for them if they were in the poll. They wear like iron!

I'm considering the Grabbers as my next tire when the time comes, though.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #65
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
I also have RT03's. I would've voted for them if they were in the poll. They wear like iron!

I'm considering the Grabbers as my next tire when the time comes, though.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #66

To each his own. I've seen/heard nothing but good things about them except for mud/snow performance, which we rarely get here in the High Desert.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
To each his own. I've seen/heard nothing but good things about them except for mud/snow performance, which we rarely get here in the High Desert.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #68

I also hear they're a bit heavy, but who buys a truck for mpg anyway? haha

But who knows, my mind will probably change by the time my Hankooks wear out lol
Old 02-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #69
The weight is why i steered away from them, my nittos were insanely heavy and load range E didnt flex well for me offroad, my 35" Hankooks weigh only 64lbs, i gained 2-3 mpg's from switching. I agree mpg doesnt matter much to me, but it was nice seeing 17 mpg on the highway at 65mph for the first time in 4 years since i started running 35" nittos

The grabbers are a great looking tire and ive witnessed them doing work in the dez
Old 02-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #70
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Between those two I would go for the Toyo's 100%. But over all I would either get BFG KM2's or Micky Thompson MTZ
Old 02-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #71
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I love My BFG T/A KM2's....they do great offroad...and ride great on road.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #72
Devout is on a distinguished road

Devout's Tacoma Gallery
Big BFG fan too. They wear well and grip well too.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #73
Powder Coater/ Dirt Thrower
TRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TRIAD Powderworks's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Red Label Grabbers!!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #74
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
It's time for new tires for me. I'm currently running 37" bias ply Mickey Thompson Baja Claws and these things get A LOT of attention. Here's my problem...One of them has gone bad and is so bouncy between 20 & 30mph, and so old it's like pulling teeth to get shops to do a balance. Which may not even cure the bouncy problem.

Being that tires are so freakin' expensive, I'll probably have to get one at a time. My problem...I'm having trouble finding anything that I know isn't going to wear out super fast, and is as aggressive as these BC's I'm using.

Everything I see looks way too smooth for me. The enormous sidebiters have spoiled me. I put my 35" BFG AT I use for a spare on the other day and was so embarrassed just looking at it at my house, it had to come off immediately. It looked like some dune buggy from the 70's.

This truck needs incredibly aggressive tires that are going to wear decently, ride smooth on the road (probably radials this time around) and come in under $300 a tire. This truck isn't my daily, but will see asphalt on it's way to the dirt. Everything Discount shows me I laugh at. They're all so wussy looking after running these things for 8 or more years. Ideally I want to go with some 38"ers, but they have to be chunky as fawk. Looks like I'm going to have to dig down into the wallet real deep.
Ive been running the Baja Claws myself(35x12.5x17). I absolutely love them for traction! I noticed the little wandering my truck was doing on the trails with the A/T's and with the Baja Claws I feel planted.

I havent had any balancing issues. And im running a beadlock too.

But Ive gotten a flat and yes it is expensive per tire. but thats the price you pay to play.

If you want some nice tires that are used try to see what some of the race shops have. Sometimes they sell them cheap when they get a new set under a sponsorship program.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:22 AM   #75
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post

or

Agreed! I like my RT03 better than the KM2s I had last. Cheaper, roll on road better, and just as much grip for what I've tried them on so far. They will do just fine for the terrain I put them through.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:32 AM   #77
US Patriot
Dondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
Dondy52's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 1998 2.7L 4x4 Tacoma and wanted to see what size All-Terrains I could fit on the stock rims? (The specifications) I do about 85% road, 15% when I'm camping/kayaking on the weekends. I think an All Terrain is a good balance?
Old 02-05-2014, 03:39 PM   #78
Mulepadre is on a distinguished road
Mulepadre's Tacoma Gallery
Falken WildPeak A-T

Falken WildPeak A-Ts are great tires.
Yeah, made in China but the traction is great and the wear is outstanding.
Price is the kicker!
Old 02-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #79
TigerTheory is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aviation Ordnance
TigerTheory's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=18&g=1

The original!
Old 02-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #80
CelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Anthony
CelsisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I think toyos look sweet as hell, haha. I liike KM2's too.