Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Boat hauling set-up

Old 02-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
hardtaco will become famous soon enoughhardtaco will become famous soon enough

hardtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Boat hauling set-up

Here's my boat hauling set-up. What's everyone else doing for hauling paddle-sport watercraft?
Attached Thumbnails
Boat hauling set-up-p2040004.jpg  
Old 02-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
not bad...Could have just opened up the window for the same effect thou..lol jk

My watercraft is on a trailer..hehe
Old 02-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #3
hardtaco will become famous soon enoughhardtaco will become famous soon enough

hardtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
ya even with a long bed it still would be trouble, looks like you have a good solution !
I actually used to transport this boat in the bed (it's 14.5'), using a bed extender. It still stuck out past the extender pretty far. I had too many close calls and it was just going to be a matter of time before some gray haired down here creamed my $1100 boat. I ordered a Yakima Half-Pack system, for the roof of the truck, and modified my Harbor Freight bed extender to extend up, instead of out. Really liking the set-up now. I have the bed available for all my fishing / paddling gear now.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
nermalgod is a jewel in the roughnermalgod is a jewel in the roughnermalgod is a jewel in the rough
nermalgod's Tacoma Gallery
Native Ultimate's should really be carried upside down. They ride much better and you don't risk damaging the hull. Just think if you left your boat out overnight, it rained, and now you have several hundred pounds of water in it. Bad times. Take the seats out and treat it like a canoe.