Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

'01 Taco DC: Fuse Box. Relay Box and Circuit Breaker

Old 02-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
Countinuous improvement
TejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nathan
TejasYOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Talking '01 Taco DC: Fuse Box. Relay Box and Circuit Breaker

Just finished installing my BlueSea SafetyHUB 150 Fuse Box, a Hella Relay Box and a BlueSea Circuit Breaker@100amps.

Most of the items were bought from Amazon or Del-City.

Not my pic of the Hella Relay Box

BlueSea SafetyHUB 150 Fuse box

2-gage bulk battery cable
1/0-ga terminated battery cable
Solder slugs and lugs

I originally tried to use the Blue Sea 5026 fuse box.
But unfortunately I had no real room to mount it where I wanted.

So after I remeasured and searched I bought the BlueSea SafetyHUB 150.
After spending a good amount of time looking for a piece of scrap metal to mount everything... I was able to dry mount everything to see how it would look.

Terminated some pig tails for the relay box

Made some battery cables

Plug and play and I'm done.

So now what.....i will get myself a battery box to replace that factory hold down and the plastic tray under the battery.
But that will be later on.

I will do a better write up on TTORA later on.... but for now I want to hang and toss back a brew.

Forgot to mention that this is mounted ONTOP of the factory fuse box.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:04 AM   #3
Countinuous improvement
TejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
The Solder Slugs are SO SIMPLE... as long as you are not afraid of fire
They are premeasured solder and flux.
So knowing what gage you are soldering is important.... it's color coded.
Here is a vid on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXDkNMDDrBs
Old 02-24-2013, 05:12 AM   #5
Countinuous improvement
FYI - - for the continued course of 5-s; i bought more stuff....
Battery Terminal Boots that will fit a Military Clamps
I bought the oval, because of the two cables running off the positive side.

Bus-Bar for my non-critical power feeds - LED rock lights, Hood light, etc.
I bought the 20 connecter version that uses push-on tabs for under the hood and a 10 connector version for the inside (Stereo receiver, CB, radar, etc.).

All were from VTE Warehouse.
https://www.vtewarehouse.com/index.php

Note there is a $15 minimum order and the prices are really good for those bus-bars.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:56 AM   #6
Deathcure is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Deathcure's Tacoma Gallery
cool learned some thing new. Subed for later use
Old 02-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
Countinuous improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
I looked at that hella relay box. Does it come with those clips? Just take standard relays??

Might get one to clean up my engine bay relays. I'm using a bussman in the rear for my other lights.

I like the safety hub better too over the fuse box..
The clips comes with the Relay box. (BONUS!)

Incase you are wondering how I mounted the stuff..
Made a cardboard template.
Had braces from an old engineering project and used them.
Just happen to be the right size for this.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #9
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #11
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Subbing the hell out of this. Finally, some great pics and setup on an 01! Beautiful work I
I've just started to research a bit of this for trailer hitch wiring and a new stereo setup, but I want future exapandability too.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #12
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
What method did you use to secure the metal plate to the top of the OEM fuse box? Drill holes through the stock fuse box cover and use bolts from the inside of the cover to those metal U brackets, and nuts on the outside? Can't quite tell from the pix.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #13
Countinuous improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
What method did you use to secure the metal plate to the top of the OEM fuse box? Drill holes through the stock fuse box cover and use bolts from the inside of the cover to those metal U brackets, and nuts on the outside? Can't quite tell from the pix.
nuts bolts through the factory fuse box cover and those brackets.

I also did some more work... the bussbar, military terminal boot-isolator arrived and I mounted my hood light.

The bussbar will be installed next weekend... spent the majority of this weekend on taxes... oh yeah....

VTE Bussbar at the location I plan to mount.

The wires from my LED Rock lights that will be terminated there.

Military Terminal boot-isolator cover mounted... no more shorts... i hope.

Cut a slit at one end and zip tied it to the terminal.
Loose enough to slip off to do work if needed.

Under the hood light.. used the same brackets I bought for my LED Lights.

Wiring

Plunger switch to activate the light... existing hole.
Had to remove paint to the raw metal and then used dielectric grease to ensure it grounds well and lesser chance of rust forming there.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #14
Countinuous improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Subbing the hell out of this. Finally, some great pics and setup on an 01! Beautiful work I
I've just started to research a bit of this for trailer hitch wiring and a new stereo setup, but I want future exapandability too.
thanks... check out my Garage posts on TTORA... it has more detail of all my mods (except this - - one i am done with my taxes I will do a formal write up.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #15

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasYOTA View Post
thanks... check out my Garage posts on TTORA... it has more detail of all my mods (except this - - one i am done with my taxes I will do a formal write up.
Yeah, thanks, I already went and looked at your TTORA writeup so far. Very nice.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #16
Countinuous improvement
Now I can say I am TOTALLY DONE with my electrical stuff.
Today I installed my VTE Bus Bar.

VTE Bus Bar mounted

VTE Bus Bar uncovered and hooked up.

VTE Bus Bar covered

Check out my Garage Section for the install
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showpost....9&postcount=44