Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Persistent water leak OR how Poseidon himself unleashed his wrath on my carpet

Old 02-24-2013, 05:30 AM   #21
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks-good write up-that will help everyone with the same problem!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:28 AM   #22
Taco 4 life!
kevinray13 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
kevinray13's Tacoma Gallery
Red Angel A/C Stop Leak & Conditioner repairs common leak points in automotive A/C systems. Activated at the leak point only, Red Angel will not crystallize with existing oxygen or moisture in the system. After repair is achieved Red Angel will continue to lubricate and condition working parts.

Product Features:
  • <LI type=disc>Permanent repair for condensers, evaporators, connections hoses, gaskets, and O-Rings <LI type=disc>Contains no solid or particulate matter that will clog an A/C system or harm recovery units <LI type=disc>Activated by airflow only at the leak point
  • Gets reclaimed with oil and will not clog or damage any part of the recovery unit

Does anyone know if this will help my leak? Or has anyone else tried a product like this?
Old 02-28-2013, 04:39 AM   #23
t3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shaun
t3hWIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to t3hWIT
Why hijack my thread on a water leak to post about your A/C refrigerant leak? This is not the appropriate thread for that question.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #24
Feet in the water...
Silver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Silver02Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Silver02Taco Send a message via AIM to Silver02Taco Send a message via MSN to Silver02Taco Send a message via Yahoo to Silver02Taco
We recently had a HUGE rainstorm here in the SF Bay Area, and one day whilst driving to work in a full-on downpour, I noticed that water was coming in from the cowl-area and was running along the back-side of my Dash, and then pooling on the passenger side Weathertech floor mat. And I'm talking about enough water to fill a kid's sippy-cup. Everytime I made a left-hand turn or a U-Turn, you could hear a "wooooooosh" sound, and then there'd be a puddle on my passenger side floor mat.

After looking at that PDF you posted, it looks like I've got a lot of work to do to seal this one up.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #25
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
I'm having the same problem with my 2nd gen, thanks for the thread OP its giving me some good starting points!
Old 05-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #26
HOD is on a distinguished road
HOD's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to sacrifice at least one bull at the local temple, preventatively. I'm not sure the gods look favorably at the hubris of trying to repair Poseidon's works yourself.

I always have the oracle predict any maintencance issues in advance. For instance, I know that I'll need to do another oil change in 3,000 miles.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:52 PM   #27
Bino9905 is on a distinguished road
Bino9905's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same issue on my 99
My carpet is completely soaked.....
The previous owner was into car audio.....I found at least 20 drill holes in cab floor.....holes were to hold amps and act as ground.....I ripped all that crap off
I used job weld to seal all the holes
Since I had removed all carpet and seats I decided to sit inside and have my wife use water hose all over while I checked for leaks
Found a big one on fire wall.....he ran a huge power cable for amp and pushed grommet out the way.....water came in......that one was an easy fix......
Now I see the water dripping into the floor right below the speaker on the door
I pull panel off and water is between door and vapor barrier and dripping into cap....like it's going in around the speaker...
OP can you please post the pics again.....I could only see some of them.....the ones with arrows don't show up.....thanks and I hope I cAn also win this battle.....hope stealer ship does not want too much for vapor barriers....is there other material to use.....where did u get that black putty tape from?
Thanks
Old 07-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #28
We'll I ended up using dynamite all over the door and the leak is gone!!
Old 07-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #29
Dynamat
Old 07-27-2014, 01:22 AM   #30
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino9905 View Post
We'll I ended up using dynamite all over the door and the leak is gone!!
Floor is probably gone too