1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Toytec Boss ULK imput?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by svtknight, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Feb 9, 2013 at 1:40 PM
    svtknight

svtknight [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    04 tacoma
    been looking into getting the new toytec boss kit. My concerns are I have an 04' Xtra cab with a shell on bed. Truck has 122k miles. Ive measured the hight to fender. both front and rear are the same. So with CO set at 3" for front is the aal in the rear gonna look to low. Should I get the dakar leaf pack? Also is new UCA needed that much. heard its mainly for 2nd gens???

Ive een leaning torwards just getting the kit and if i need to raise rear its not that much to do afterwards. Please tell me what you think? Thanks.

2zy8zmp_3d5b9d0ff3334803aebe33299b4a1ad83e70c544.jpg

2. Feb 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    I ran toytec's 3" coils up front and had an AAL in the rear, the truck was perfectly level

UCA's are a hit and miss, some people get vibes and some dont. But even then, a lot of people just choose to live with the vibes (unless theyre really badly out of alignment)

3. Feb 9, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    kmok

kmok Plastidipped ma Hootus!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
    I'd get the dakar leaf pack LR UCAs especially if you plan on running the C/Os at 3". I have my Toytec C/Os cranked around 2.5" maybe a little more and I also Have the Dakar pack with 1" shackles. My truck has a slight rake to the rear and I don't have a cap. With a cap you may need to add shackles with the leaf pack to keep it level and possibly the AAL made for the Dakar pack depending on how it sits when everything settles.

I don't think an AAL with the stock pack will hold up well with the cap. I would also go with the LR UCAs because it will help you get a better alignment and track straight, especially when going speeds over 40 mph. My truck wandered all over the place before the new UCAs and I'm very glad I got them.

It would also help if we knew more about your truck. Is it 4 cylinder or V6, and is it 4wd?

4. Feb 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM
    svtknight

svtknight [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    04 tacoma
    3.4 4wd. Well if I only had funds for either the optional leaf pack or uca. What would you get?

5. Feb 9, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    kmok

kmok Plastidipped ma Hootus!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
    My deciding factor would be how bad your stock leaf springs are. If they're flat or have a negative arch I'd go with new leaf packs. If the stock leaf springs look okay with some arch I would probably lift the rear with AAL and possibly a 1" shackle if more lift is needed and go with new UCAs. New UCAs make a huge improvement in handling imo.

Products Discussed in

To Top