Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Re-Lifting my 97 Tacoma 4x4

Old 02-11-2013, 05:33 AM   #1
TRDTundra is on a distinguished road

Name: Ken
TRDTundra's Tacoma Gallery
Re-Lifting my 97 Tacoma 4x4

I just bought this truck, and luckily, it is in great condition so I am highly motivated to put together a nice little daily driver/ weekend warrior. I have been putting a side some money to re do the lift and finally have a nice chunk in the bank, no not long travel money haha. I just want something subtle, that will give the truck a nice stance and would be acceptable for the trails we have here in Florida. My future plans also involve a rear locker, ARB bumper and a few other things, but I have that part figured out. What I really need help with, is the lift part. Right now the truck has Front spacers, beat up shocks and shackles in the rear. Let's scratch that stuff and start over. I am thinking the OME kit, Toytec Ultimate Kit with 5100s/Coilovers or maybe just the 5100s with a diff drop kit and a rear AAL. Although, I think my leafs area little on the saggy side. You guys tell me what you think, here are some photos of what I am working with. Any feedback and links would be helpful!

Old 02-11-2013, 05:35 AM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
OME with Dakars. Perhaps 883x if you plan to run a plate bumper and winch.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:51 AM   #3
TRDTundra is on a distinguished road

Name: Ken
TRDTundra's Tacoma Gallery
Any better sites than Toyteclifts.com to do some shopping?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:06 AM   #4
egan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to all

Name: Brian
egan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
OME with Dakars. Perhaps 883x if you plan to run a plate bumper and winch.
The only way he can run OME is if he wants to fabricate new hangers.

95-97 have different leafs than 98-04.

Check out Wheelers 5 leaf spring pack.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #5
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDTundra View Post
Any better sites than Toyteclifts.com to do some shopping?
Wheelers Offroad, Downsouth Motorsports, Cruiser Outfitters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egan View Post
The only way he can run OME is if he wants to fabricate new hangers.

95-97 have different leafs than 98-04.

Check out Wheelers 5 leaf spring pack.
Hmm I know they are different lengths but Wheelers advertises the Dakars for 95.5 to 04 Tacoma???
Old 02-11-2013, 06:23 AM   #6

Might want to email Wheelers because ToyTec says they have them too:
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

If not Wheelers 5 pack by Alcans are great cause I run those.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #7
egan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to all

Name: Brian
egan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
Might want to email Wheelers because ToyTec says they have them too:
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

If not Wheelers 5 pack by Alcans are great cause I run those.
Wow those must be new.
Thanks for posting that, I did not know they made them.