Notices

Spare tire winch recall

Old 02-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
jimdi4 is on a distinguished road
Navy: SOW
jimdi4's Tacoma Gallery
Spare tire winch recall

Got the notice of the spare tire winch plate recall in the mail in December;

it explains that rust will prematurely cause a spare tire to fall off the vehicle due to poor rust inhibitor treatment at the factory on the plate that holds the spare tire up on the winch cable...I live in Illinois and was wondering when this will get fixed?

Also, are they going to replace the whole winch assembly?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
Out of my mind....be back later.
RedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT 262d CCS WANG
Name: Dale
RedTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
What year? What is the recall document number?
Old 02-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
streamreeper is just really nicestreamreeper is just really nicestreamreeper is just really nicestreamreeper is just really nice

Name: matt
streamreeper's Tacoma Gallery
my buddy works @ toyota as a mechanic,he told me that they dont have a definiate solution for it yet. but it will probbly involve taking the truck in and getting a whole new assembly installed.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Guys, do a search .....

They are replacing the WHOLE assembly and mine is done....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...l-01-04-a.html
Old 02-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdi4 View Post
I live in Illinois and was wondering when this will get fixed?
You could use this as an excuse to get a tiregate.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:32 AM   #6
jimdi4 is on a distinguished road
Navy: SOW
jimdi4's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is done as well...they did replace the whole unit as well...It took about 1.5 hrs at the Toyota "Stealorship"..they said it will take 2 hrs

I fabricated two brackets and added some security to keep the thieves from cutting the cable and stealing it again