Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need Painting Suggestions...

Old 02-08-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
Need Painting Suggestions...

So i have been thinking of getting rid of some of this chrome...

I keep questioning how I want to do it though.... here are the scenarios...

Paint the grill surround, grill, emblem, and bumper all black, all the same shade...

I'll be doing the BHLM too...

I think i may leave the badges since they have been on for so long... maybe just paint them all black

I like the blacked out look but some hints of chrome may be ok idk... i don't want to over do it

Should I paint them Satin Black like the wheels, get a rattle can of the toyota black, flat black????

i'm indecisive to begin with but this is killing me!!!!!

help help please!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 08:43 AM   #2
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
could someone photoshop this for me with a flat black looking color??
Old 02-08-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
Professional High Fiver
Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really nice

Oh_Six_Taco_4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Can somebody just put of a picture of their all black stock pic? It came solid black from the factory too. Maybe you can find the pieces on ebay that match you original paint. If you get bored, swap them out. $.02
Old 02-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #4
rabble rabble rabble

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 View Post
Can somebody just put of a picture of their all black stock pic? It came solid black from the factory too. Maybe you can find the pieces on ebay that match you original paint. If you get bored, swap them out. $.02

what parts came black?? the grill surround and bumper?
Old 02-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i blacked out my bumpers with bedliner...........painted my emblems flat black, replaced my grille with a black one from ebay, painted the grille emblem flat black, painted the trim on the corner lights flat black.............all on my silver truck. the bedliner has held up extremely well..........it aint going anywhere.

when i did my bumpers, then........

and now............i added my brush guard and lights..............but everything blacked out looks killer!!

Old 02-08-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
rabble rabble rabble

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i blacked out my bumpers with bedliner...........painted my emblems flat black, replaced my grille with a black one from ebay, painted the grille emblem flat black, painted the trim on the corner lights flat black.............all on my silver truck. the bedliner has held up extremely well..........it aint going anywhere.

when i did my bumpers, then........

and now............i added my brush guard and lights..............but everything blacked out looks killer!!

yours looks great...

i think i might start off painting the grill surround and bumper flat black

leave the emblem and badges chrome for now to see how that accents things

edit: i'll take the grill off to paint but did you take anthing off the bumper or did you just mask it off??
Old 02-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #7
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
yours looks great...

i think i might start off painting the grill surround and bumper flat black

leave the emblem and badges chrome for now to see how that accents things
i hear ya....it'll look pretty good man. i was on a mission to lose every bit of chrome on my truck....................only thing thats chrome now are the lugnuts, but i'll get a black set soon.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
Darth Maul
MurderedComa has a spectacular aura aboutMurderedComa has a spectacular aura aboutMurderedComa has a spectacular aura about
MurderedComa's Tacoma Gallery
here's mine, pretty sure it was like this stock. I want to paint the front toyota emblem flat black to match everything else, Tacoman did you just spray flat black on it? or did you have to spray some kind of sealer on top of that to keep it from flaking off as well? guessing you had to put blue tape around the areas that you didn't want black correct? thanks

Old 02-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderedComa View Post
here's mine, pretty sure it was like this stock. I want to paint the front toyota emblem flat black to match everything else, Tacoman did you just spray flat black on it? or did you have to spray some kind of sealer on top of that to keep it from flaking off as well? guessing you had to put blue tape around the areas that you didn't want black correct? thanks

ofr the grille emblem......i took it off the grille.....it just pops out, then cleaned it........sprayed a few coats of adhesion promoter on it, then a few coats of duplicolor flat black. let it dry for a few hours...then pop it back in.