Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st Gen BHLM

Old 02-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
1st Gen BHLM

Is there a write up on this?? Is it the same as the 2nd gen one where you put them in the oven?? can people post the write up that they used if they recommend someonelse trying it?
Old 02-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
check ebay bud they have already blacked out ones. if your the handy type im sure you can do it just like the 2nd gens
Old 02-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
every "painting" mod i've seen for headlights all include putting them in the oven.

The purpose of the oven is to soften up the silicon seal that keeps water out so that you can pull them apart. Paint them and put them back together.

you might want to look at the ebay lights just to see which parts to paint black and which to leave alone.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
every "painting" mod i've seen for headlights all include putting them in the oven.

The purpose of the oven is to soften up the silicon seal that keeps water out so that you can pull them apart. Paint them and put them back together.

you might want to look at the ebay lights just to see which parts to paint black and which to leave alone.

thanks... i read over the 2nd gen BHLM and thought it seemed easy enough but i didn't know if there was anything different on the 1st gen. i think i'll try it soon but do what you said and check the ebay lights for pointers
Old 02-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
thanks... i read over the 2nd gen BHLM and thought it seemed easy enough but i didn't know if there was anything different on the 1st gen. i think i'll try it soon but do what you said and check the ebay lights for pointers

theres a lot different...as theres not as much "extra" chrome in the 1st gen headlights thats not part of the reflector

i would think that by painting much in the 1st gens that youre going to diminish light output by a good bit
Old 02-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #6
rabble rabble rabble

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
theres a lot different...as theres not as much "extra" chrome in the 1st gen headlights thats not part of the reflector

i would think that by painting much in the 1st gens that youre going to diminish light output by a good bit
i was thinking of something along these lines...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-04...Q5fAccessories

with the amber piece taken out too... (it is a removable piece right?) when the amber piece is gone do you need an amber light bulb or is it ok to have a clear blinker?

also, does anyone recommend a good headlight cleaning prodect... mine are slightly fogged
Old 03-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #7
Vincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really nice
Name: Vincent
Vincent's Tacoma Gallery
i've done the BHLM to my truck, it's fairly easy to do, all you need is a heat gun and some black paint that sticks well on plastic. took me about 2 hours to do including the wait time for drying after each coat.
you should do it.. it made a difference in the exterior

Old 09-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #8
04Tacomabuild is on a distinguished road

Name: Reese
04Tacomabuild's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
i've done the BHLM to my truck, it's fairly easy to do, all you need is a heat gun and some black paint that sticks well on plastic. took me about 2 hours to do including the wait time for drying after each coat.
you should do it.. it made a difference in the exterior

Thanks for showing this man I just finished Doing this to mine a while ago and it turned out really nice! Granted my front lenses aren't in the best shape from me being 16 and tinting them -_- but still looks nice!