Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

03tacoman's EASY AND VERY CHEAP FOGS

Old 02-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
03tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
03tacoman's EASY AND VERY CHEAP FOGS

Okay so I did BlackDawg's blinker relocation mod
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ation-mod.html
Here are the housings after I did the blinker relocation mod

Then I had my old blinker housings left over accept they had a hole in them where I had to cut the mount part for the blinker light off in order to do the blinker mod. So I put three pieces of fiberglass over the holes. Then installed 3157 light sockets in them (had to cut with a razor blade a little bit in order for the socket to fight tight into the housing. Then I put 3157 white LED bulbs in each of those housings. grounded out the sockets then ran a power wire up and tapped that into my daytime running lights.

Before wiring them into the truck I tested them on a battery I had from a lawnmower I scrapped (I did this because LED bulbs are polar and I wanted to make sure I had each bulb in the right way to turn on) they look blue in the picture but are actually white

So now I have 3157 LEDs in my old blinker housings, and my blinkers are now in the same housing as my parking lights. This way makes the blinkers throw a lot more light off to the sides of the truck as well and my cheap fogs actually put a bit of light out there too. enough to make driving visible without my headlights on but i'm not actually that dumb
Old 02-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
time to make me a set! lol
Old 02-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
time to make me a set! lol
I have had them in a few days now and drove in snow and rain, lens started to fog up. tomorrow i'm going to silicone all around the socket I don't plan on taking them out anytime soon haha and they're cheap enough to put back together
Old 03-31-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
bought another set of blinker bulbs to use with my good set of blinker housings for fogs instead of the fiberglassed shitty ones. will be wiring those soon so it's done right!