Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

REAR handles on the FRONT?

Old 02-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
REAR handles on the FRONT?

Ive long been looking into putting the rear door handles off a dubcab, onto the front of my tacoma so I dont have door locks anymore No one can tell me if they will fit thou. Ive looked on ebay, and I dont really notice a difference between any of them. Not sure if the rears are curved,or not curved as much as the fronts are? I really would like to do this mod, but id like to make sure they fit! Any help?
Old 02-09-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
if I had a DCab I'd go and check if they're the same general shape on the outside. Might not be the same as on the inside though.

Why do you not want locks on your truck? Do you just never use the key to unlock and always use the powerlocks (if you have them?)
Old 02-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
yup..ever since I got the keyless entry, I havent used the locks. I just think it would look better.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
yup..ever since I got the keyless entry, I havent used the locks. I just think it would look better.
Same here. Hell, my pass side lock fucking fell into my door twice. The bracket that holds it in place broke the first time, so I loaded it up with JB Weld and slapped a ton more on to try and have it attached, but that didn't work.

I'm just going to stop using the key on my pass side door.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #5

Firefighter:
well i just got a PM from another member, and hes got the rears hes gonna sell me..So we shall see how it works out..Im just dreading taking the door panel off a 13 year old truck
Old 02-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #6
come on fhqwhgads

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well i just got a PM from another member, and hes got the rears hes gonna sell me..So we shall see how it works out..Im just dreading taking the door panel off a 13 year old truck
heh it only takes a couple of minutes in my 03...I'm guessing it's the same for your 96.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #7

Firefighter:
I hope so. they have been off before when the body shop replaced my window, but Ive never done it. those strange snapping noises always bother me. And with all the 95-00's getting crushed, its not like I can find parts!
Old 02-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #8
come on fhqwhgads

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I hope so. they have been off before when the body shop replaced my window, but Ive never done it. those strange snapping noises always bother me. And with all the 95-00's getting crushed, its not like I can find parts!
those strange snapping noises are just clips man. im sure you can buy replacements, as they probably use the same shit in all their cars. if you break them they'll probably cost like $10 to get a whole set of new ones.

hell, i took the door panels off my old 92 civic, and the clips on there looked the same (from what i remember) as the ones on my tacoma.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #9
dustinuhls is on a distinguished road

dustinuhls's Tacoma Gallery
Just a heads up warning, but you might wanna keep the locks. My key FOB broke off of my key chain so I just used to carry the FOB and leave the keys in my truck (less crap in my pockets) but one day the battery went dead and the keys were locked in my truck so I couldn't get into it. Had to get a ride to the parts store to buy a new battery for the remote so I could get into my truck. If I had the key I could have unlocked it manually... Just a thought.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:30 PM   #10

Firefighter:
thats true..But I try to keep all my batterys fresh(change yearly) just in case. As always, thou the rear sliding window is easy to get into if need be thou.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #11
dustinuhls is on a distinguished road

dustinuhls's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats true..But I try to keep all my batterys fresh(change yearly) just in case. As always, thou the rear sliding window is easy to get into if need be thou.
Good call on the battery. Don't tell everybody how easy it is to break into your truck though! You might as well just shave the door handles and go with the total keyless entry...
Old 02-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #12

Firefighter:
Nah..I dont wanna mess with bondo and all that junk. Ive shaved tail lights,window trim(explorer),and handles. I dont wanna do it on my own..Plus shaved handles is soo damn played out