Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone like their truck MORE the older it gets?

Old 02-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #1
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone like their truck MORE the older it gets?

KNow this sounds sort of stupid, but the older my truck gets and the more miles I rack up on it ( 217,000) the more I seem to like it. I've had it for 13 years, so I kind of grew up with it.

Well, my Wife inherited a car from her Dad who passed away last year. Its newer and gets better MPG. So we drive that on our insanely long commute. But it ain't no Tacoma. So when it comes weekend time, I really like taking the truck out and doing stuff. I was thinking just last weekend when I took it to Wal-Mart how much I really like the truck. Maybe its just the memories. Don't know if I could ever sell it. Someday it'll probably be in the back yard.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:13 AM   #3
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
i feel the same way about mine
Old 02-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #4
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Yep - I know exactly what you mean ... Happens to me, too ...
Old 02-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #5
Im so hungry i can ride a horse...
kmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
kmrofka's Tacoma Gallery
yeah you make memories with it... then theres always the constant addition of new parts so technically your truck isnt getting older just better... its like a fine wine
Old 02-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #6
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah you make memories with it... then theres always the constant addition of new parts so technically your truck isnt getting older just better... its like a fine wine
LOL! Well... except with mine, its getting more Chinese with age. The water pump, fan clutch, and new clutch I ordered are all made in China. The water pump is 5 years old now, and so far no problems.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #7
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
yeah.. I miss my old '95 toyo
Old 02-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #8
Problem Child
Racinkid13 is just really niceRacinkid13 is just really niceRacinkid13 is just really niceRacinkid13 is just really nice

Racinkid13's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine more and more the more i wheel it. Cause others replace more and more the more they wheel thier piles. But I hardly replace anything, cept tie rods, but that comes with 33x13.5 and ifs.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #9
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Had my 1982 Prerunner Hybrid for 25 yrs, over 400,000 miles. Took a fully paid for 05 Tacoma prerunner to pry it from my warm live hands. I was surprisingly more OK with it than I woulda thought, probably because of what it was replaced with & the fact that it'll still be around where I'll see it from time to time.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #10

crazieN8's Tacoma Gallery
yes indeed, i love my truck more n more every day. i bought my 95 when i was 20 and now im 28, she shall never be sold.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #11
hulzenga is on a distinguished road
hulzenga's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a 99 tacoma, about three weeks ago, I plan on taking it to the grave with me... I'm going out today to potentially get some new rubber for her... its going to be the first of many presents she'll be getting. Befor this i has a 93 4runner and that definately got a lot better with age. however i needed the 3.4L for where i live, and once the feul pump went, i decided to buy a new(er) truck, still have the 4runner though!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #12
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
I know exactly what you mean becasue i was planning on keeping my 97 forever due to all the memories but my wife had a wreck in it so all i got now is the memories and the front emblem..... the only piece that wasn't totaled.... Wife made it and there are more trucks but not like mine!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:30 PM   #13
High Mileage Work
tmantstud is on a distinguished road

tmantstud's Tacoma Gallery
My 98 5spd. tacoma was the first vehicle i learned to drive. My dad bought it with 220,000 miles two years ago and now that it has 240,000 miles i can't imagine having anything else
Old 02-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #14
dustinuhls is on a distinguished road

dustinuhls's Tacoma Gallery
I'm totally missing my first truck I ever bought and had from 15yo to 21yo. It was an '85 4x4 Toyota standard cab short bed. One of the best trucks Toyota ever made. It was the last year of the solid front axle and one of the first years to get fuel-injection. That truck was bulletproof! I drove by my friends house, who I sold it to, over Christmas break and saw it sitting in his back yard. He doesn't drive it anymore b/c he bought a new one a few years ago. I'm REALLY tempted to try and buy it back and start a project truck with it.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #15
blkcoma32 will become famous soon enough

blkcoma32's Tacoma Gallery
dude u should buy it back
Old 02-27-2009, 10:23 PM   #16
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinuhls View Post
I'm totally missing my first truck I ever bought and had from 15yo to 21yo. It was an '85 4x4 Toyota standard cab short bed. One of the best trucks Toyota ever made. It was the last year of the solid front axle and one of the first years to get fuel-injection. That truck was bulletproof! I drove by my friends house, who I sold it to, over Christmas break and saw it sitting in his back yard. He doesn't drive it anymore b/c he bought a new one a few years ago. I'm REALLY tempted to try and buy it back and start a project truck with it.
buy it back
cuz if u dont ur prolly gonna wish u did later down the road
Old 02-27-2009, 10:28 PM   #17
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
While going through three months of unemployment and facing homelessness it was in the back of my head to sell my truck. But every time I got in it and drove somewhere I'd think along the way "damn I love this truck". And yup, that love affair is getting stronger as time goes on. I look forward to handing the keys to my daughter someday.

*GULP* wait what am I saying??? No I'm not!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:27 AM   #18
TacoMike will become famous soon enough

Marines: Sgt, 2nd Marine Division
TacoMike's Tacoma Gallery
The older it gets the closer it is to being paid off.