Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My new teeth project

Old 02-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #1
Carone will become famous soon enoughCarone will become famous soon enough
Carone's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Carone
My new teeth project

Ive been slowly working on my new grille.
Im going to paint it white to match the truck and im putting in a black mx Grillcraft grille.
Here is the progress so far

masked ready to cut

cut and cleaned up

Now im not sure what emblem to put on

option 1

still option 1 toyota bottem right

option 2 Lexus bottem right

option 3 Lexus centered

option 4 Big ass lexus L

option 5 tacoma centered

option 6 Black Chrome trd bottem right

My grille still needs to be painted white hopfully this week. Black mesh is staying. Painting grille and clear corners trim.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Its looking good man, grill is coming out nicely done, but i wouldn't put a Lexus badge on a Toyota vehicle, Its like putting Chinese decals on a German car.... but that's just me...keep on the good work
Old 02-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
The lexus symbol is kind of cute but I like option 1 the most.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh and i like the small Toyota emblem on the lower corner
Old 02-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #7
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
The lexus symbol is kind of cute but I like option 1 the most.

The fact that it just got called cute means you should veto it if you are going for manly
Old 02-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #9
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
tacoma centered looks cool imo
Old 02-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #10
Carone will become famous soon enoughCarone will become famous soon enough
Carone's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Carone
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
Its looking good man, grill is coming out nicely done, but i wouldn't put a Lexus badge on a Toyota vehicle, Its like putting Chinese decals on a German car.... but that's just me...keep on the good work
First off i put the lexus badge on because i had them lying around. and a chinese decal on a greman car is nothing like that. It like putting and Acura emblem on your honda, and although you may dislike it does make since.
My other option is a throw back "toyota" emblem off a cruiser or somthing but i cant find one i like.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #11
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carone View Post
First off i put the lexus badge on because i had them lying around. and a chinese decal on a greman car is nothing like that. It like putting and Acura emblem on your honda, and although you may dislike it does make since.
My other option is a throw back "toyota" emblem off a cruiser or somthing but i cant find one i like.
I get the lexus/Toyota and Acura/Honda however it still does not make sence to me on the truck.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carone View Post
Yeah, sorry it wasn't meant like that....it was a exaggerated comparison just to make a point....

Id say go for the Toyota emblem, i think it looks kick ass on the grille...
Old 02-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #13
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post

Id say go for the Toyota emblem, i think it looks kick ass on the grille...
x2 I wouldn't put anything Lexus on it.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #14
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma for sure, I haven't seen that before.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #15
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
def do tacoma in the bottom right.

and people most often put honda badges on acura's to go for the "jdm" look. not acura badges on hondas.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #16
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I like option 1-B, the larger of the 2 Toyota emblems. Whatever you decide, it's going to look great!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #17
dustinuhls is on a distinguished road

dustinuhls's Tacoma Gallery
DEVIL HORNS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/%2705...081110006r8171

Check this out! This would look totally sweet in that grille. It was for sale on Ebay and I've seen a member on this site that has it. Maybe you could contact them and get this emblem...
Old 02-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #18
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinuhls View Post
DEVIL HORNS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/%2705...081110006r8171

Check this out! This would look totally sweet in that grille. The it was for sale on Ebay and I've seen a member on this site that has it. Maybe you could contact them and get this emblem...
iirc a member of this site is the guy who drew them up for a CNC to cut them.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #19
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
i get the lexus thing
but no ..... not on a taco any way
i wpuld go with the toyota in the corner like u have but with he older toyota symbol in the middle of te grille

and for those who dont know what the older toyota symbol is heres a pic
Attached Thumbnails
My new teeth project-79-83-toyota-symbol.jpg  
Old 02-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #20
6shooter has a spectacular aura about6shooter has a spectacular aura about
6shooter's Tacoma Gallery
i vote no emblem at all.