1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Adding an INPUT to URD Performance Calibration Unit?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by AWilson013, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Mar 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM
    AWilson013

AWilson013 [OP] Almighty Dirt King

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2006 GX 470 Sport
    Matte Grey SCS F5s - 255/80R17 ST Maxx - Front Runner Slimline II - CVT Tent/Awning - 35w Morimoto HID Low Beams - LED High Beams - LED Fogs - AFE Dry Filter - BP-51s - Dirt King UCAs
    Hey guys, first real post on here, have a question, curious if anyone has any input.

To start, I drive a 4Runner (Gross, I know) supercharged, URD 7th, TRD Exhaust, all sorts of fancy stuff.

Early on in my "wtf, why won't this thing run correctly" stage (prior to the 7th injector install, which is golden) I consulted Split Second about their FTC1, which is incredibly similar to the URD Performance Calibration Unit.

Their FTC1 came with an option to add 4 aux inputs for like $75. Essentially just added 4 wires to the harness of the FTC1, so that you could data log instead of just psi/rpm, things like egt, A/F, etc.

I think that the ability to add an input for A/F would be VERY helpful for us home tuners. To be able to log boost/engine speed/AF all in one using just the Split Second R4 software.

My question... Have any of you wiring/electrical experts looked into this at all? Thoughts on if it's possible or no?

Products Discussed in

To Top