Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Trd

Old 02-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
Head of the MASTERS CIRCLE
mar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to behold

mar_ga_rita's Tacoma Gallery
Trd

Alright... I am new and am just wondering.... what is the difference between PreRunner TRD and just PreRunner...
Old 02-10-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
No locker for 1
Different gear ratio in rear and different shocks/springs
Old 02-10-2009, 09:37 PM   #4
mar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Romeo View Post
EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get the TRD if you can.
Already got a PreRunner SR5
Old 02-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #5
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
This should answer any questions....

TRD Off-Road Extra Value Package (OC) - (cost savings of $950) -- Off-road-tuned suspension with Bilstein® shocks, locking rear differential, 16-in. alloy wheels with P265/70R16 BFGoodrich® Rugged Trail T/A tires, VSC [4] + A-TRAC (on 4x4 models, in place of standard VSC [4] +TRAC), Hill Start Assist Control (HAC) [5] and Downhill Assist Control (DAC) [5] (4x4 A/T models only), engine skid plate, front tow hook, 115V/400W deck power point, fog lamps, power mirrors (standard on Double Cab models), remote keyless entry, cruise control, variable-speed wipers, overhead console with compass and temperature gauge, chrome grille surround and rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper and overfenders, smoked headlamp trim, sliding rear window with privacy glass, sport seats with driver lumbar support and Sport fabric trim (in place of Standard bucket seats), metallic-tone instrument panel trim, leather steering wheel with audio controls, leather shifter (A/T models only), sunvisors with mirrors and extenders, backup camera [3] and auto dimming inside mirror with monitor, TRD Off-Road graphics

TRD Sport Extra Value Package (PY) - (cost savings of $950) -- Sport suspension with Bilstein® shocks, 17-in. alloy wheels with P265/65R17 tires, hood scoop, color-keyed grille surround/bumpers/power mirrors (standard on Double Cab models)/door handles/overfenders, smoked headlamp trim, sliding rear window with privacy glass, 115V/400W deck power point, fog lamps, remote keyless entry, cruise control, variable-speed wipers, overhead console with compass and temperature gauge, Sport seats with driver lumbar support and Sport fabric trim (in place of standard bucket seats), metallic-tone instrument panel trim, leather steering wheel with audio controls, leather shifter (A/T models only), sunvisors with mirrors and extenders, backup camera [3] and auto-dimming inside mirror with monitor, TRD Sport graphics
Old 02-10-2009, 09:41 PM   #6
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
I assume you're talking about the 2003 model year, right?

Here's what the TRD Off Road Package *could* include on a 2003 PreRunner:

- off-road-tuned suspension with Bilstein high-pressure gas shocks and progressive-rate springs
- P265/70 R16 BFGoodrich tires on 16” five-spoke aluminum alloy wheels
- locking rear differential**
- black fender flares
- TRD graphics

**NOTE: The locker was NOT included on 4-cylinder TRD PreRunners.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:42 PM   #7

Quote:
This should answer any questions....

TRD Off-Road Extra Value Package (OC) - (cost savings of $950) -- Off-road-tuned suspension with Bilstein® shocks, locking rear differential, 16-in. alloy wheels with P265/70R16 BFGoodrich® Rugged Trail T/A tires, VSC [4] + A-TRAC (on 4x4 models, in place of standard VSC [4] +TRAC), Hill Start Assist Control (HAC) [5] and Downhill Assist Control (DAC) [5] (4x4 A/T models only), engine skid plate, front tow hook, 115V/400W deck power point, fog lamps, power mirrors (standard on Double Cab models), remote keyless entry, cruise control, variable-speed wipers, overhead console with compass and temperature gauge, chrome grille surround and rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper and overfenders, smoked headlamp trim, sliding rear window with privacy glass, sport seats with driver lumbar support and Sport fabric trim (in place of Standard bucket seats), metallic-tone instrument panel trim, leather steering wheel with audio controls, leather shifter (A/T models only), sunvisors with mirrors and extenders, backup camera [3] and auto dimming inside mirror with monitor, TRD Off-Road graphics

TRD Sport Extra Value Package (PY) - (cost savings of $950) -- Sport suspension with Bilstein® shocks, 17-in. alloy wheels with P265/65R17 tires, hood scoop, color-keyed grille surround/bumpers/power mirrors (standard on Double Cab models)/door handles/overfenders, smoked headlamp trim, sliding rear window with privacy glass, 115V/400W deck power point, fog lamps, remote keyless entry, cruise control, variable-speed wipers, overhead console with compass and temperature gauge, Sport seats with driver lumbar support and Sport fabric trim (in place of standard bucket seats), metallic-tone instrument panel trim, leather steering wheel with audio controls, leather shifter (A/T models only), sunvisors with mirrors and extenders, backup camera [3] and auto-dimming inside mirror with monitor, TRD Sport graphics
Thats on the 2nd gen... I am looking for the 1st gen... all I have found is the shocks.... and the tow hook... and a few other things that I already have on the truck
Old 02-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnolaGaia View Post
I assume you're talking about the 2003 model year, right?

Here's what the TRD Off Road Package *could* include on a 2003 PreRunner:

- off-road-tuned suspension with Bilstein high-pressure gas shocks and progressive-rate springs
- P265/70 R16 BFGoodrich tires on 16” five-spoke aluminum alloy wheels
- locking rear differential**
- black fender flares
- TRD graphics

**NOTE: The locker was NOT included on 4-cylinder TRD PreRunners.
Yea thats what I was looking for... I have everything except black fender flares.... mine are painted....
Old 02-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #9
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar_ga_rita View Post
Thats on the 2nd gen... I am looking for the 1st gen... all I have found is the shocks.... and the tow hook... and a few other things that I already have on the truck
How was I supposed to know that? You didn't specify so I assumed....
Old 02-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #10

Quote:
How was I supposed to know that? You didn't specify so I assumed....
lol.. no worries... I assumed everyone would know since I was postin in the 1st gen section.. no worries
Old 02-10-2009, 09:46 PM   #11
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
well seeing how its in the first gen forum...
Old 02-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #12

Quote:
lol.. no worries... I assumed everyone would know since I was postin in the 1st gen section.. no worries
Ah HA!!!!!! My mistake then. I rarely check the forum it gets categorized under.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Ah HA!!!!!! My mistake then. I rarely check the forum it gets categorized under.
lol....
Old 02-10-2009, 09:49 PM   #14
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Yea thats what I was looking for... I have everything except black fender flares.... mine are painted....
OK - that would mean you have either the:

- SR5 Color-Keyed Package (in which case the TRD Package preserves the color-keyed flares)

OR

- Limited Package (Double Cabs and maybe XtraCab V6's only), which also had the color-keyed flares with a specific subset of the available body colors.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnolaGaia View Post
OK - that would mean you have either the:

- SR5 Color-Keyed Package (in which case the TRD Package preserves the color-keyed flares)

OR

- Limited Package (Double Cabs and maybe XtraCab V6's only), which also had the color-keyed flares with a specific subset of the available body colors.
so I am thinking that I have a TRD... got the bilstein shocks... locker... and the other stuff... now I have leather interior... not sure if they would put that in the TRD though...
Old 02-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #16
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma jake View Post
get the 4wd trd if you can. :d
x2! :d
Old 02-11-2009, 12:23 AM   #17
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
The only true way to tell if you have the TRD option is if you have the rear locker. There should be a button on the driver's side, right above the left knee that says "RR DIFF LOCK". If you have that you have the TRD optioned truck.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
The only true way to tell if you have the TRD option is if you have the rear locker. There should be a button on the driver's side, right above the left knee that says "RR DIFF LOCK". If you have that you have the TRD optioned truck.
Got it.... so I must have an unbadged TRD
Old 02-11-2009, 07:45 AM   #19
Quote:
... now I have leather interior... not sure if they would put that in the TRD though...
If you mean leather seats - those aren't 'factory'. There was no such thing as a factory leather seat option in the 1995.5 - 2004 Tacomas.

However, some port- and/or dealer-specific 'special editions' did include after-factory leather upholstery. Also, some dealers offered leather upholstery as an installable accessory at the point of sale.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:47 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
The locker is *NOT* a sure-fire indicator of a TRD Off Road Package, for 2 reasons:

(1) The locker was not included in the TRD Off Road Package on 4-cylinder automatic trucks.

(2) The locker was available as a separate option.