1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4WD only engages when truck is cold

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Itisreallycold, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Mar 5, 2013 at 6:33 AM
    Itisreallycold

Itisreallycold [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Minnesnowta
    Vehicle:
    Ol' Rusty
    My tacoma (1995 SR5) will engage into 4wd if I am sitting in reverse letting my truck warm up pretty easily, and it works excellent. But if I start to drive and disengage it for 5-10 minutes and try to go back into 4wd it will not click on. it also will sometimes engage when Im driving if I put it into 4wd and wait, anywhere from 10-30 minutes. has anyone had similiar problems? or ideas of what could be going wrong??

2. Mar 5, 2013 at 9:38 AM
    Buy1Get1Freee

Buy1Get1Freee HERP DERP

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    PEI
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma TRD
    Grey Wire Mod, Bilstein 5100s, Eibach Coils! 255/85/16 KM2. DDM HID 35W 6000K, Homemade Rear Bumper, Trail Gear Rock Sliders
    I'm not sure if a 95 uses a ADD, but my truck does and it can do some weird things sometimes. I took mine off and cleaned it up and the connectors. It seemed to work a lot better. (BTW mine was doing kinda the same thing as yours, pushed the button would take about 5-10 mins to engage)

Products Discussed in

To Top