Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lets see your 1st Gen switch setups!

Old 08-23-2013, 09:19 PM   #81
PNW is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
PNW's Tacoma Gallery
Would these switches fit into the rear diff lock button spot? I would really like to change it so when I get back up lights and fog lights all of my switches match. Thank you!
Old 08-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #82
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
requires some dremel work but yes, they will fit.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:01 AM   #83
PNW is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
PNW's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone made a how to for putting these switches in and hooking them up?
Old 08-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #84
Iceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
Iceman2448's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW View Post
01-04-Switch-plate-panel
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=260472
Old 08-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #85
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW View Post
If you are looking for a how to on hook up from what I have seen its not too bad and easy to do for lighted switches. Mine came pre-labeled telling me which one needs to go to power, which one to ground and which to the device. It all depends on how much power the item needs and how much power the switch can take. Ex. My Hellas use a relay to properly direct the power because it needs a lot so I have two sources of power to run them and the lighted switch. A large power source to run the lights (that's fed through the relay) and a small 12v power source just to power the switch.

My led's on the other hand don't need as much power so I only have one power source that runs through my switch and into my leds. So the power goes into my switch to power it and out to my device. The whole installation experience made me learn a fuck ton about car electric work.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #86
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know if these switches:
Fog Lights:
http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.php?prod=VVPZC4S-17V
and
Off Road Lights:
http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.php?prod=VVPZCOR-1F1

will fit in the spot where the "clock" usually is? I know the blue lensed LEDs will as seen in post #45 (1st picture).

I'm drawing this out on the plastic clock face (no clock on my trim piece) but it looks like it's just too tight to fit em both on there.... I feel like both types of rockers should be the same dimensions but I'm not sure..
Old 09-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #87
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
The Contura II and V use the same size mounting hole, .83" x 1.45" ; 21.08mm x 36.83mm

http://www.carlingtech.com/rocker-sw...-series-ii-iii

http://www.carlingtech.com/rocker-sw...-v-series-iv-v

And as far as I know, the Carling switch panels fit both.

http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.php?prod=VM3-01
http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.php?prod=VM6-01
http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.php?prod=VME-01
Old 09-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #88
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot to post here. Updated the switch install with some Carling switch panels:

Have a spare slot now if I ever need it. Thinking about ripping it back apart and installing a 3 panel where the locker switches are. Then I'd have 2 spares.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #89
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OTRATTW Rocker Switches

Far Away View:

Up Close:

Up Close Side View:

Up Close Other Side View:

Up Close Straight On:

Wired up to my LightForce 240 Blitz's and Rigid D2's
Old 09-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #90
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! You got pictures of the plastic trim piece you used to mount the swirches?
Old 09-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Nice! You got pictures of the plastic trim piece you used to mount the swirches?
Do you mean that trim piece (clock face) without the switches in there?
Old 09-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #92
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, or a description of what you did. It looks really tight. (as in well done and professional)
Old 09-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #93

Quote:
yeah, or a description of what you did. It looks really tight.
If you look at mine closely (on the side view) you can see the switch closest to my steering wheel doesn't sit 100% flush.. that was my mistake for not going .10" closer to the side. I'll explain with the next pic I post...

It is VERY tight. I'll snap a picture of one that I fudged up on lol. Give me a minute.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #94

This would be a perfect cutout -- except I messed up on the sides with the dremel:

You want it to be as close to the sides as you can get it, but make sure you leave a little bit of room as the front of the switch is a bit wider than the backside of the rocker switch. The left cutout doesn't look as clean, but the rocker covers that up with the front width. I keep harping on it and I'll say it again especially if you only get one chance to do it, IT'S A TIGHT FIT. I luckily had a few so the first time didn't matter as much.

My first try I really messed up so I just did this:

So I could insert the panel:

But I ended up not liking it when I compared the two looks:

As opposed to this:

Hope that helped
Old 09-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #95
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I have some ABS plastic I ordered from Parts Express. I may try this for that hole instead of the Carling panel. It looks so much cleaner.

I found the ABS plastic, with a little practice and controlled pressure, cuts really nicely with a utility knife. Thanks for the pics!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #96

Quote:
I have some ABS plastic I ordered from Parts Express. I may try this for that hole instead of the Carling panel. It looks so much cleaner.

I found the ABS plastic, with a little practice and controlled pressure, cuts really nicely with a utility knife. Thanks for the pics!
Yeah I liked the way mine looks currently as opposed to the panel look. Let me know if you want any more pics
Old 09-23-2013, 06:05 AM   #97
Dj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
Dj318's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone ever think about mounting 4-5 switches on the roof?
Old 09-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #98
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj318 View Post
Anyone ever think about mounting 4-5 switches on the roof?
Not sure there is enough depth between the headliner and the cab roof to do it.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #99
deog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud of
Name: snicklefritz
deog's Tacoma Gallery
where are you guys finding these labeled rocker switches ???
please , thank you.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #100
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deog View Post
where are you guys finding these labeled rocker switches ???
please , thank you.
http://www.otrattw.com/