Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Front Seat Squeak

Old 02-10-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
bpiersma is on a distinguished road

bpiersma's Tacoma Gallery
Front Seat Squeak

I recently noticed that my front driver's seat has a "squeaking" sound when I put pressure on it. If I push right against where your back goes, I get this squeak or grinding type of sound. Like there are two sheets of rubber rubbing against one another on the inside of the cushion. Doesn't happen on the passenger seat.
Anyone have this? I also noticed that the door panel does the same, but again, just the driver's side.
It's irritating!
Old 02-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
trailinTaco is on a distinguished road

trailinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i have sqeaks in both front seats and it drives me nuts too. wish i could tell you what it was. ive taken the seats out and tightened all the bolts but didnt help the sqeak.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Loose the seats and bolt in a wooden bench. Thats what i did! lol
Old 02-11-2009, 04:54 PM   #4
hulzenga is on a distinguished road
hulzenga's Tacoma Gallery
I got me the same issue! But my drivers seat sqeaks, and my passenger door squeaks when you open it up to the max. really annoying, probably going to have a closer look at the two of them this weekend....i'll let ya know what i find.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #5
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
same problem my drivers seat sqeaks pretty bad it gets on my nerves pretty bad....
Old 02-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #6
bpiersma is on a distinguished road

bpiersma's Tacoma Gallery
We gotta figure this out folks. There must be a fix. I think I'll pull my seat out this weekend and see if I can get inside the cushion to see what's squeaking. It drives me crazy.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #7
hulzenga is on a distinguished road
hulzenga's Tacoma Gallery
I'm game, but this weekend i'm going flyfishing with my dad, so its gonna have to be next weekend for me. I was wiggeling some stuff under there tonight, and notice one part (not sure) that seemed to be moving that shouldn't be, so thats where i'm going to start. It was under the front right corner....don't know if that helps you out at all. I'm gonna go nuts after this little squeak and get'er done!!
Old 02-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
i pulled the seat out a few months ago to install my amp wire and there is a peg type thing that holds the seat in place and it rubs metal to metal.....im thinkng about puttin some rubber around the peg to see if it stops
Old 12-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #9
yodaman will become famous soon enough
Marines: Infantry Sergeant
yodaman's Tacoma Gallery
You guys likely have this all figured out by now. There are two pegs located near the floor bolts on the front of the seats. Those pegs are what causes the squeak due to metal rubbing on metal. Take the seat out and cut the pegs off with a hacksaw or dremal (spelling?) tool. No more noise.

Simple fix. Good luck.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #10
RomeGaTacoma4x4 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: J
RomeGaTacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Exactly, the pegs under the seat. I took my 2010 Tacoma In today bc the seat squeaking and they realized it was the pegs rubbing the metal. The dealer cut the pegs down and its perfect now. Tightening the bolts will not work it just prolongs the noise to get worse overtime.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:27 PM   #11
bromagen25 will become famous soon enoughbromagen25 will become famous soon enough
Name: Ryan
bromagen25's Tacoma Gallery
had the same problem here's the Fix for me. hope it woks for you guys as well.

Take the bolt out completely in the front. take wd 40 or grease and wipe it on the back side of the bolt head (( do not spray the wd 40 )) rub it on just a little bit not a lot same for the grease. then put the bolt back on and your good to go. Remember you only need a little.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #12
hialtitude is on a distinguished road
hialtitude's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same squeeking on the drivers side of my bench seat. I am having a hard time finding the peg that may be causing the noise. Is it visible before removing the seat? Any tips and/or tricks to make this as easy as possible? I would really like to avoid taking my truck in for this if its an easy fix. Thanks.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #13
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Is it a fart traped in the cushion lol.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:40 AM   #14
yodaman will become famous soon enough
Marines: Infantry Sergeant
yodaman's Tacoma Gallery
They should be very easy too see. If I remember right, I unbolted my entire seat and leaned it back. From there I sawed off the pegs. I didn't even saw them flush, just enough to stop that freaking noise. I thought about greasing them but you might as well chop them off. PM me if you have any questions.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:40 AM   #15
surfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant future

Army: MSC
Name: Ryan
surfryhder's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone got any pics of how you fixed it?
Old 02-19-2014, 05:29 AM   #16
Mod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
PUT THE FORK DOWN!

kiddin,,