Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Can you believe this!!!!

Old 02-11-2009, 12:30 AM   #1
hulzenga is on a distinguished road
hulzenga's Tacoma Gallery
Can you believe this!!!!

Ok, so living in canada is awesome, like seriousely, being that i live in BC i've got it all, no terrorists, small towns with big city attitude, and all the mountains and rivers and streams, for 4wheelin' and flyfishing that a guy could want. But today i stopped by the toyota dealership to ask what a super charger would cost to get installed, along with a URD 7th injector kit, and the guy quoted me 7800!!!! I almost shat my drawrs.... i could not believe that it would cost my 4900 for the supercharger and than another 1000 to see it in there, and than another 1000 to get the URD kit in as well!!! I looked at the guy and asked him if i could get on the comp and show him some cheaper prices and he let me. In about 20 seconds i found three seperate places where i could get the same supercharger for 2700, and an install for around 3200 total price. He just looked at me and said "well i guess thats the difference between canada and the states" not cool, not cool at all.
I live about 3 hrs from the boarder and allready found a dealership in seatle that will get it done for me all for under 5500 (URD kit and supercharger) that price seems a little more fair to me...but really, 2200 diff??? freakin nuts if you ask me!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 04:17 AM   #3
WoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Warrant Officer
Name: Peter
WoadWunner's Tacoma Gallery
Figure out the exchange rate before you decide. I figure you are looking at at least $6600 Cdn with the diff in the $.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:54 AM   #5
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
Have you looked at the dealerships in Vancouver?
Old 02-11-2009, 07:27 AM   #6
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
seriously, dealerships will put in aftermarket stuff like that??
Old 02-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
hulzenga is on a distinguished road
hulzenga's Tacoma Gallery
yeah the exchange will set me back a bit, but still, 1200 savings, not bad. My math isn't that great, but im still a little choked that there is that big of a diff on the price of the supercharger alone.... I havn't done much shopping around, just here in my lil' town of Kelowna, but i'm thinking its toyota canada that is setting the prices, but i'll make a few more phone calls, thanks for sharing in my grief guys!
Old 02-22-2009, 01:43 AM   #8
dustinuhls is on a distinguished road

dustinuhls's Tacoma Gallery
With the way our economy is now I'm surprised that the U.S. Dollar is still worth more than the Canadian Dollar!
Old 02-22-2009, 03:35 AM   #9
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinuhls View Post
With the way our economy is now I'm surprised that the U.S. Dollar is still worth more than the Canadian Dollar!
Let me help you with that.

The Canadian dollar rose and fell as did the commodities. When oil went nuts, the Canadian dollar rose rapidly, much like the real estate prices in areas like Alberta where the stuff is 'harvested'. When the price of oil became more 'reasonable', it fell to reflect that.

Canada produces other stuff, (my favorite beer for instance) so when the oil prices (and others) fall, they still have other stuff they can fall back on, unlike other oil / gas producers like the Solviet Union for instance, who are much more a one trick pony. This gives Canada some stability when compared to others who are heavy in the Oil / Commodities.

I have a number of things i have purchased that were made in Canada. I can't recall anything i have that says 'Made in the Solviet Union'.

I am no expert in this subject, (outside of my favorite beer) but i think that is the general idea.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:47 AM   #10
dustinuhls is on a distinguished road

dustinuhls's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
Let me help you with that.

The Canadian dollar rose and fell as did the commodities. When oil went nuts, the Canadian dollar rose rapidly, much like the real estate prices in areas like Alberta where the stuff is 'harvested'. When the price of oil became more 'reasonable', it fell to reflect that.

Canada produces other stuff, (my favorite beer for instance) so when the oil prices (and others) fall, they still have other stuff they can fall back on, unlike other oil / gas producers like the Solviet Union for instance, who are much more a one trick pony. This gives Canada some stability when compared to others who are heavy in the Oil / Commodities.

I have a number of things i have purchased that were made in Canada. I can't recall anything i have that says 'Made in the Solviet Union'.

I am no expert in this subject, (outside of my favorite beer) but i think that is the general idea.
You do realize there is no more "Soviet Union" right?? I was just joking around about the U.S. vs. Canadian dollar.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:07 AM   #11
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
I was quoted 5000 for the blower installed at a local toyota shop by me. I told him I could get them online for $2800 and even if it took an entire day to install, thats only $800. He didn't seem to care.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:08 AM   #12
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
great thing about canada, same product, twice as much
Old 02-22-2009, 06:05 AM   #13
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post
great thing about canada, same product, twice as much
Old 02-22-2009, 06:42 AM   #14
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
yea, but but but, you get free health-care!!
Old 02-22-2009, 06:43 AM   #15
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
yea, but but but, you get free health-care!!

fck that...
Old 02-22-2009, 06:49 AM   #16
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post

fck that...