Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Leer Help

Old 02-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
I love tight cracks
climber-420 is a jewel in the roughclimber-420 is a jewel in the roughclimber-420 is a jewel in the rough

climber-420's Tacoma Gallery
Leer Help

I got this Leer camper top for my 03' from a buddy of mine. Only problem with it is that the brake light up top, and light inside don't work. There is a wire with plug harness on the inside, but where do I connect it? It won't connect to the trailer harness, b/c it is too far. Any ideas? is there a way to wire it to the brake lights,like crimp on connectors? I don't want to drill holes in the bed.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
Remove the drivers side taillight. You will be able to fish three wires through a seam up underneath the bedrail and into the area behind the taillight. You will tap the wires into the following three factory taillight wires.

Green - will go to the positive wire leading to the dome light.

Green/red trace - will go the positive wire leading to the brake light.

White/black trace - you will use for a common ground for both lights.

make sure to hook up the correct positive wires to the correct wire for appropriate light in the cap. I have always piggy backed the grounds together and used one common ground like stated above. You can use wire connectors found at auto parts store (scotch locks) for quick and easy connections. Use male and female connectors inside of cap incase the cap needs to be removed in the future. I hope this helps and that you can understand what I am trying to explain.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
I love tight cracks
climber-420 is a jewel in the roughclimber-420 is a jewel in the roughclimber-420 is a jewel in the rough

climber-420's Tacoma Gallery
I am pretty sure I can figure it out. Thanks for the help. If I have any questions I will pm you.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber-420 View Post
I am pretty sure I can figure it out. Thanks for the help. If I have any questions I will pm you.
No problem