Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

more mods/everything

Old 02-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #1
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
more mods/everything

I feel like us 1st gen guys have less mods and just less going on in general.
we should have MORE mods and diy's because we've had our trucks longer.
i'm just throwing this out there because i have nothing else to do.
anyone else ever sand the grill surround? mine was chrome so i took 400 grit sandpaper to it and it gave it a beautiful brushed aluminum look.
I also found out that in the ext cab the back rest in the back seats is just a piece of wood, i think i'm going to take mine off and cut it in half to make two seperate rests and then i can put a sub box in there a bit better.
ok done. if your at home bored today like me, tell us some little stuff you've done to make your tacoma "yours"
Old 02-11-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
check my build thread here.......http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...tml........... i have done a good bit of stuff you dont see everyday.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
YES! thanks i'll read it all! just links to the main forum page...
Old 02-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #4
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Ive got a few mods comming my way. Actually, i just got one in tonight, but ill wait till Its fully done to show any pics
Old 02-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #5

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
good stuff! anyone do brighter backup lights in the stock housing like the 2nd gen trucks?
Old 02-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
YES! thanks i'll read it all! just links to the main forum page...
oops......sorry, my link was screwy for some reason...................try this one........http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bui...06s-build.html
Old 02-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #7

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
that one works
Old 02-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #8
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
question... if i were to try and do the clear corners myself, is the amber part removable??? i plan on opening my headlights up to see if there is anything to black out (not much extra chrome like the 2nd gens) but a little would look cool... i also need to redo some of the silicon seal because i'm getting some moisture in there

if i take the amber out do i need to replace it with an amber bulb like in the hazard lights?
Old 02-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
question... if i were to try and do the clear corners myself, is the amber part removable??? i plan on opening my headlights up to see if there is anything to black out (not much extra chrome like the 2nd gens) but a little would look cool... i also need to redo some of the silicon seal because i'm getting some moisture in there

if i take the amber out do i need to replace it with an amber bulb like in the hazard lights?
on the first gens.......the corners, you cant really remove the amber lens..............there will be a hole there since its kinda made into the light. you can get clear corners on ebay tho, round $25 or so.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #10
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
is it legal to have clear directionals?
Old 02-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #11

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
yea i looked at removing them too but i dont think it's gona work. dud122, if you get the clear corners i'll take the amber ones off your hands. let me know and we'll work out a price.
the corner can be clear but if your using it as a blinker you need an amber blinker bulb.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #12
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
ive got clear corners, with amber bulbs. Ive got clear blinkers, with amber bulbs..no problems so far
Old 02-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #13
rabble rabble rabble

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
ive got clear corners, with amber bulbs. Ive got clear blinkers, with amber bulbs..no problems so far

what??

sorry but i don't understand the diff between the two.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #14
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
dud, the corner lights are just markers. I'm guessing that they do have to give off an amber color though to be DOT legal. If you want to keep the clear look, look into these bulbs.
http://www.stealthauto.com/Products/...ALTHBULBS.aspx
Old 02-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #15
rabble rabble rabble

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
pittim... awesome

i'll look on ebay for clear corners... i'm assuming they won't come with bulbs so i'll get these stealth ones.

then.... is there a way to turn the hazard lights into fog lights and wire the directionals to be hazards too?
Old 02-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #16
rabble rabble rabble

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
anyone done this before??
Old 02-11-2009, 04:17 PM   #17

Quote:
anyone done this before??
i was gonna make my marker lights into turn signals, and my turn signals into fog lights, but that was gonna be a ton of work...................cant use the current turn signals for fogs.........the bulb socket is way too small, and it can take the heat from a fog lamp either.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #18
rabble rabble rabble

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i was gonna make my marker lights into turn signals, and my turn signals into fog lights, but that was gonna be a ton of work...................cant use the current turn signals for fogs.........the bulb socket is way too small, and it can take the heat from a fog lamp either.

so maybe its the terms i'm screwing up....

________ are the lights in the bumper and they flash when you put your 4-ways on

________ are the lights next to the headlights and flash when you want to turn left or right

man i feel like such an idiot right now
Old 02-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #19

Quote:
so maybe its the terms i'm screwing up....

________ are the lights in the bumper and they flash when you put your 4-ways on

________ are the lights next to the headlights and flash when you want to turn left or right

man i feel like such an idiot right now
_turn signals_______ are the lights in the bumper and they flash when you put your 4-ways on

_marker lights_______ are the lights next to the headlights and flash when you want to turn left or right................but they dont blink when you wanna turn...................
Old 02-11-2009, 04:37 PM   #20
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
I have A LOT of mods.... just give me till next friday... you will see!