Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HELP!new head unit and tail lights and dash lights won't work

Old 03-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
RocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RocktheRed's Tacoma Gallery
HELP!new head unit and tail lights and dash lights won't work

Ok so I installed a new Kenwood KDC head unit yesterday and found that all of my dash lights and tail lights are out! I checked all fuses and they are fine...has anyone else has this problem?! Thanks guys!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
andrewprime1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
andrewprime1's Tacoma Gallery
That definitely sounds like a fuse issue. Did you check both fuse boxes? I am new to Tacomas, but I am pretty ure most cars have two different fuse boxes.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
definitely a fuse problem
Old 03-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
It's probably a fuse in the engine compartment. I believe it's a 10a fuse.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
Toy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Tom
Toy4me's Tacoma Gallery
Would've been better to post this in audio but, did you by chance connect the orange lead from the H/U (dimmer wire) to the stock harness? This seems to regularly cause what you've described. Search there and you'll get your answer for sure.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #6
Moco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311/0331 Security Plt. Hot dogs & Soda 2/23
Name: Eric
Moco's Tacoma Gallery
I just went through an experience of recreating the stock harness wiring for my 96 in order to fit an OEM CD player in. The previous owner had done a hack job to install some POS JVC unit way back when.

Check your fuses and double check your wiring - if you need help, my experience is still fresh enough that I may be able to help.

Good luck.

Also, what part of NoVa are you in?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #7
RocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dang you all are right and I'm terrible with any bit of wiring..it was definitly a fuse and an orange wire that was poorly connected. Other than that, the head unit looks fantastic and I'll need to upgrade my speakers and possibly to a bazooka sub!
Moco- I'm in Burke, VA
Old 03-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #8
Moco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311/0331 Security Plt. Hot dogs & Soda 2/23
Name: Eric
Moco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinkgarvey View Post
Dang you all are right and I'm terrible with any bit of wiring..it was definitly a fuse and an orange wire that was poorly connected. Other than that, the head unit looks fantastic and I'll need to upgrade my speakers and possibly to a bazooka sub!
Moco- I'm in Burke, VA
Good to hear you got it all figured out.

Im in Arlington by the way. Honk if you ever drive by my truck.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #9

That's awesome, definitely will!