Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

what mods did YOU compliment YOUR supercharger with?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #41
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
awesome info guys, keep it coming! thanks to all of yall!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #42
BlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud of
Navy: EM1 Coastal Warfare
BlackSportD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BlackSportD
Glad its a help. About the tranny having overdrive off and/or using ETC, maybe I'll post up in here an experiment I'm doing with a collection of parts to make our supercharger's vacuum actuated bypass valve electronically controlled via my FIC's programmable 12vdc output, and set it so that the S/C can't come on below certain TPS and RPM points. What I'm afraid of is that when it does kick in, its extremely dramatic and not smooth, so a PWM regulated system might have to be made, in which case it is nuking it so much I probably wouldn't go further with the project.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #43
from Dirt bike to Dezert Couch
SDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud of

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
Do you want the supercharger to feel in function like a turbo? My thought was stock pulley on s/c and ct-26 turbo mounted behind cats like sts kit for delayed boost. (Compounding pressure)???
Anyways the tranny's overdrive is the smallest gear and should not be used while WOT boosting although with the ect on it should kick out of o/d sooner. Tranny temp gauge is probably a good idea since temp is a real trans killer next to slipping.
Anywhoo im starting with the s/c+urd 7th. The rest is all a maybe. Want to see how it feels when running it with sand paddles or soft desert terrains.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #44
BlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud of
Navy: EM1 Coastal Warfare
BlackSportD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BlackSportD
There is a TRD S/C + Turbo "compound" setup in a thread out there somewhere. I think its awesome. Some OE cars came that way when turbo spool wasn't what it is like now. The compound setup IMO is best for having a big turbo or a turbo for whatever reason isn't a fast spooling setup (manifold design, bearings etc), otherwise its not really a plus to have.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:49 PM   #45
Tacoma Lover
SupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
This is very good info Has anyone heard of someone installing a tranny cooler on a manual?
Old 03-25-2013, 11:55 PM   #46
SDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud of

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
Never seen it myself, just need a performance clutch and synthetic fluid and a quick short shifter
Old 03-26-2013, 12:00 AM   #47
Tacoma Lover
SupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSam View Post
Never seen it myself, just need a performance clutch and synthetic fluid and a quick short shifter

Alright that is the direction i am going, already running synthetic and can't wait to get a new clutch in.
Can you recommend an affordable short shifter?
Old 03-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #48
Unprofessional Driver
CUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CUtacomaTIGER's Tacoma Gallery
the s/c is easier way to go and makes sense with how it is just a bolt on, but if trd ever did a redesign in the future for new tacomas i'd prefer turbo over s/c. it seems most manufactures are going down that road nowadays as well. but i'm a tad biased based of where i worked.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #49

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUtacomaTIGER View Post
t. it seems most manufactures are going down that road nowadays as well. but i'm a tad biased based of where i worked.
Like the ford ecoboostt? In a tacoma fitting them in small engine compartments becomes an issue.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #50
Unprofessional Driver
CUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CUtacomaTIGER's Tacoma Gallery
like the ecoboost among many others. i think in the new tacomas there is a large enough engine bay. if bmw can fit twin turbos in a 3 series why not in a tacoma? granted they are straight and not v 6's, but i'm sure its possible.

besides ford and bmw, while at borgwarner we sold to every nameplate under the sun.

kia/hyundai optima/sonata, subaru sti, buick regal, vw tdi models, porsche 911s, mercedes bluetec diesels, and jeep cherokee diesel are all somewhat common cars in the u.s. that have gone the turbo route. now some of these are diesels so maybe they don't count but the future is small displacement forced injection and hybrid as far as i can tell.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #51
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSportD View Post
Glad its a help. About the tranny having overdrive off and/or using ETC, maybe I'll post up in here an experiment I'm doing with a collection of parts to make our supercharger's vacuum actuated bypass valve electronically controlled via my FIC's programmable 12vdc output, and set it so that the S/C can't come on below certain TPS and RPM points. What I'm afraid of is that when it does kick in, its extremely dramatic and not smooth, so a PWM regulated system might have to be made, in which case it is nuking it so much I probably wouldn't go further with the project.
please do!!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #52
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUtacomaTIGER View Post
The URD 7th injector kit isn't bad (and def cheaper) but it is more of a band aid than an ideal fix. It'd be better to get higher flowing fuel injectors, maybe out of a supra?
Why if i ever did this, id run the URD 6th injector kit. Comes with 6 larger injectors. MUCH better IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSam View Post
Do you want the supercharger to feel in function like a turbo? My thought was stock pulley on s/c and ct-26 turbo mounted behind cats like sts kit for delayed boost. (Compounding pressure)???
Anyways the tranny's overdrive is the smallest gear and should not be used while WOT boosting although with the ect on it should kick out of o/d sooner. Tranny temp gauge is probably a good idea since temp is a real trans killer next to slipping.
Anywhoo im starting with the s/c+urd 7th. The rest is all a maybe. Want to see how it feels when running it with sand paddles or soft desert terrains.
Its possible yes. However, i wouldn't run a CT26 lol MUCH better options and just a T3/T4 will be more effecient.

I know of a supra that got a TRD SC to fit on his 7m. Awesome torque curve.

the correct term for this is Twin Charging, if you want to do some more searching.

I don't think our motors could handle it without some head work and internal work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraT View Post
This is very good info Has anyone heard of someone installing a tranny cooler on a manual?
not really needed for a manual.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #53

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
Only reason i mention the ct-26 is because I have a 7m hanging on a motor stand and could use all that to test at zero cost. but first thing is mounting this S/C and getting it all dialed. The rest is wishful at best.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #54
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

bump
Old 04-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #55

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
All the toyota parts are came in:

bought it from this place. http://www.toyotapartszone.com/

ItemDescriptionShipped

PTR30-350403.4 SC DRIVE BELT 1ea 11.00
PTR26-35042CHECK VALVE KAYNOR 1ea 6.11
PTR29-60030GASKET, THROTTLE BODY
17176-62040GASKET, AIR SURGE TA 1ea 8.54
11213-62020GASKET, CYLINDER HEA 1ea 18.56

PTR30-35041TENSIONERWPUL 3.4SC 1ea 50.10

The tensioner is only that not the full kit which i will have to make myself.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #56
DAMOS is on a distinguished road

DAMOS's Tacoma Gallery
so what is everyone using for a tranny cooler? ... Trd? other?
Old 04-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #57

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMOS View Post
so what is everyone using for a tranny cooler? ... Trd? other?
I put this one on after i serviced my trans and added electric fan.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 04-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #58
toastyjosh is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: helitack
toastyjosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraT View Post
Alright that is the direction i am going, already running synthetic and can't wait to get a new clutch in.
Can you recommend an affordable short shifter?

http://www.marlincrawler.com/transmi...r150f-34-liter
Old 04-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #60

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
install in progress:

Products Discussed in this Thread