Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

what mods did YOU compliment YOUR supercharger with?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #61
elnip is on a distinguished road
elnip's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSam View Post
I got these extra parts with my S/C and don't know what they are for anyone know?
They are the original FMU parts that came with the gen 1 kits. Don't use it. Just connect the fuel pressure regulator top nipple to a boosted line and it will work better. Been running like this for years. There is a reason TRD quit including them with the S/C.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #62
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
install in progress:

i'm and nice e-fan. i still haven't saved enough money to complete my set up my s/c is sitting in my garage, awaiting the other mods to arrive and finally start to be installed. I hope to be done by my bday this year, since i should graduate the month prior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnip View Post
They are the original FMU parts that came with the gen 1 kits. Don't use it. Just connect the fuel pressure regulator top nipple to a boosted line and it will work better. Been running like this for years. There is a reason TRD quit including them with the S/C.
good to know.

Any one know if it would be advisable or even possible to run an ultra gauge to monitor all the things important to monitor with a s/c?

i assume it's great for oil pressure, oil temp, tranny temp, coolant temp, etc... but can it measure boost? or anything else important i may have left out?
Old 04-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #63
HUH?
Jkohler is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Jkohler's Tacoma Gallery
How much does the URD 7th injector cost and how difficult is it to install?
Old 04-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #64
from Dirt bike to Dezert Couch
SDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud of

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
Check the URD website for price. (Its set in stone) and the installation is probably best to look over the instructions to personally see if it is something you can do or best to find someone to do it. As there is fuel line mods within/out the gas tank, ECU wiring splice and solder, wiring running routing, and then tunning. Far from plug and play....
Old 04-28-2013, 12:39 AM   #65
Senior Lurker
jacky_bubbles will become famous soon enough

jacky_bubbles's Tacoma Gallery
I found that modifying the nose support bracket like gadget did wouldn't fit with the dynamic tensioner setup.

Have you run into that yet?
Old 04-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #66
SDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud of

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
I just did, i made my own tensioner mount and cut my pulley/nose support to fit i cut lowest spacer down an 1/8 so the plate mounts tighter against the motor and cut it enough clearance for the tensioner to travel its radius.
Let me know if you want some pics
Old 04-29-2013, 02:12 AM   #67
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I just did, i made my own tensioner mount and cut my pulley/nose support to fit i cut lowest spacer down an 1/8 so the plate mounts tighter against the motor and cut it enough clearance for the tensioner to travel its radius.
Let me know if you want some pics
sure do!
Old 05-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #68

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
Tensioner on with nose support plate modified to fit. I'll have it running later today, finishing vacuum lines, trans and throttle cable mount.
Attached Thumbnails
what mods did YOU compliment YOUR supercharger with?-uploadfromtaptalk1367687662242.jpg  
Old 05-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #69
HUH?
Jkohler is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Jkohler's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome info. I am running a 2nd gen S/C (black one) and intercooler on my 02 taco 4x4 auto trans. I've been seriously considering the URD 7th injector. In your opinions, is the URD 7th injector mod the best/most effective way to get the extra needed fuel? Does it come with everything you need to be able to tune it? Can you hook up a gauge to view tranni temps and boost? Also, I have heard a lot about the URD 2.2" pulley. Is this the "best" size to increase boost? What about the 2.1"? Lots of questions, I know. Thanks in advance hah.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #70

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
Well it is either the 7inj kit or water/meth injection, (search texas ace for info) lots to consider upon the type of use you are planning for it. Daily drive, hard or light off road, towing hauling. 2.2 seems the most commen and remember now you have to watch intake air temps so higher boost higher temps. And boost and trans temps would have to be from aftermarket gauges. I plan on running the 7th inj and 2.2
Old 05-25-2013, 03:11 AM   #71
BlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud of
Navy: EM1 Coastal Warfare
BlackSportD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BlackSportD
BTW E85 is the sh*t. Even an E60 blend (in my tank right now) allows me to turn water/meth off, and completely zero out my timing retard- and lean out boost some. Pulls like a raped ape- I really need to do a before and after dyno, its just amazing... but then I have one of those hella pingy 5vzfes that require LOTS of timing pulled on pump gas so the effect for me may be more dramatic than to those who pull little to nothing for timing on their pump gas setups.

I have a toggle switch wired to my AEM FIC's aux map switch input, so I have a 91 oct + water injection map, and a E60+ map.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:11 AM   #72
BlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud of
Navy: EM1 Coastal Warfare
BlackSportD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BlackSportD
BTW E85 is the sh*t. Even an E60 blend (in my tank right now) allows me to turn water/meth off, and completely zero out my timing retard- and lean out boost some. Pulls like a raped ape- I really need to do a before and after dyno, its just amazing... but then I have one of those hella pingy 5vzfes that require LOTS of timing pulled on pump gas so the effect for me may be more dramatic than to those who pull little to nothing for timing on their pump gas setups.

I have a toggle switch wired to my AEM FIC's aux map switch input, so I have a 91 oct + water injection map, and a E60+ map.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:27 PM   #73
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

bump
Old 08-13-2014, 02:14 PM   #74

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
bump
Did you slap yours on yet?
Old 08-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #75
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
Did you slap yours on yet?
nope

Products Discussed in this Thread