Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

3.4l TRD Supercharger rebuild

Old 12-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #81
from Dirt bike to Dezert Couch
SDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud of

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
seen this site before, good start.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #82
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Are we positive that's the same as the TRD one?
Old 12-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #83
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Darthyota's Tacoma Gallery
The TRD is an m62 or m63 if you're going to go to the trouble to do a custom roots blower I would suggest trying to find an m90 from a gtp as you'll get more flow thus making more power for less boost making it a much more efficient setup
Old 12-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #84
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Totally forgot I posted in here. I had kinda convinced myself that an M90 was too big for my 2rz, in order to make boost down low (which is why I decided on a SC rather than turbo) it needed a pulley that would make it dangerous in higher RPMs for my stock internals and head studs. I'm not going for a custom blower, just trying to find a cheaper alternative to the TRD kit. If I can pick up a used blower and rebuild it for a few hundred, I just need the manifold and other misc stuff from LCE and then figure out fueling.

Basically I want to know if the M62 on the TRD kit is identical to the M62 found on old GM 3800 series engines
Old 12-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #85
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
If your trying to go for a 4bang application maybe look at a eaton m45 it a Jackson racing one. IMO eaton makes good stuff. But for a custom application if you want to get the money's worth out of it use a m62 or 90 you can always find pulleys to change boost amount either up or down. Just saying. IMO
Old 12-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #86

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well I'm gonna trust TRD/Alpine's judgement on the M62 here, plus the manifold already exists and won't have to really custom make anything for it. Just being a cheap ass mostly
Old 12-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #87
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post

Basically I want to know if the M62 on the TRD kit is identical to the M62 found on old GM 3800 series engines
The gm 3800 uses an m90. The ecotec from the cobalt uses an m62
Old 12-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #89

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthyota View Post
The gm 3800 uses an m90. The ecotec from the cobalt uses an m62
94-95 gm 3800s had an m62.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #90
well i know both 3800 motors my dad has had in his car have had m90s not sure what year they are though i know one was a series 2 and the current is a series 3
Old 12-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #91

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
They switched to the bigger blower later on, but from what I've found online the first ones had the smaller blower. I'm assuming more potential was realized with the big blower so they upgraded it later
Old 01-07-2014, 08:40 AM   #92
SDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud of

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
I know the TRD blowers are smog legal but is there any sticker needed to go along with these? Like CARB#? If so anyone have one i can borrow?
Old 01-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #93

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
Bump! For info
Old 01-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #95
HIPOYOYO
Topher5054 is on a distinguished road
Topher5054's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk808 View Post
More info or pics of rear needle bearing removal? I do not see where i could beat them
out from the back as the OP did. Rolling Performance says to fab a tool to insert into two holes to inject grease to push the bearing out from the rear. Where exactly are these holes? Please help!
Anyone have a better way to remove the rear bearings or is the RP fab tool the best option? Also, what is the part number for the rear needle bearings? The site doesn't say specifically which ones work for the TRD.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:29 PM   #96
Tacoma Lover
SupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher5054 View Post
Anyone have a better way to remove the rear bearings or is the RP fab tool the best option? Also, what is the part number for the rear needle bearings? The site doesn't say specifically which ones work for the TRD.
An arber press might get in there for the bearings, on part number, your TRD charger is a Eaton M62 roots type super charger, so you want the M62 bearings on the site
Old 01-25-2014, 12:31 PM   #97
greygreg05 is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
greygreg05's Tacoma Gallery
Do u have to use the premium 91 gas.... Will regular gas damage anything?
Old 01-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #98
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
yes, you will need to run premium gas. 87 will ping horribly.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:41 PM   #99
Q Source is on a distinguished road
Q Source's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks.

I just used this to help rebuild my SC.

FYI it appears your phenolic block is installed backwards.

6. Insert the new Phenolic block over the attachment pins.
CAUTION: Insert the attachment pins only into the holes with flanged openings (Arrows, Figure 12). These flanges must touch the surface of the drive gear.

http://www.trdsparks.com/install/PTR29-35042inst.pdf

Page 8.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:11 PM   #100
bass mechanic!
akbass907 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: tj
akbass907's Tacoma Gallery
do any of you have a fuel map picture? my brother is doing his 7th injector mod on his 03 super charged, and the ecu that came with it had a troubleshooting map on it and we cant find a proper fuel map to imput into the ecu.