1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dash & Heat/AC Lights Out

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by abuali7866, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Mar 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM
    abuali7866

abuali7866 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    MN
    Vehicle:
    01 Taco 3.4 Auto SR5
    Couple of bolt ons
    I've been doing a lot of work on my truck lately and I noticed my dash lights wouldn't turn on today. Last thing I did was remove and service my interior blower fan. Is this something simple as a fuse? It's all the lights behind the dash cluster and temp controls. AC, Re-circ, Brights and other indicator lights still work.

I'm kinda hoping the bulbs shorted because I've been thinking about replacing them with LED's but a fuse is cheaper.:pray:

2. Mar 11, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    Hektor

Hektor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma 4x4 TRD DC v6
    Had this problem before and it was the bulbs I had to replace them. PITA to replace the ac ones

3. Mar 11, 2013 at 7:55 PM
    feebs03

feebs03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD
    If i recall correctly the fuse for these lights will be a 10 amp (red) second one down in the middle column by the drivers left knee. It is a pain to do a LED swap but worth it IMO i will be doing a small write up on the AC control lights... i used led strips from autozone because no one seems to make the right size for those.

here are some links that might help

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=77 (i think he left out a screw or two that i had)

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacomas/235638-leds-buy-complete-renovation.html

Products Discussed in

To Top