Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How many miles a year do you drive your Taco?

Old 03-19-2013, 11:57 PM   #1
ExOkie is on a distinguished road

Name: Gary
ExOkie's Tacoma Gallery
How many miles a year do you drive your Taco?

I bought my '02 the day after Christmas last year. It had 24950 on the odometer. When I got it serviced New Years it had a little over 52K so I drove a little over 27000 last year and by April it'll be bumping 60K. Hey I bought it to drive not sit in the driveway and it's served me well. Love my Tacoma!

So how many miles do you put on your Tacoma? Is it your daily driver or just your weekend wagon?
Old 03-20-2013, 03:10 AM   #2
trded is on a distinguished road

trded's Tacoma Gallery
I put roughly 17k a year on my 02 with 90% highway driving. I have a 181k on the odometer and she still runs like the day I bought it.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:51 AM   #3
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
Ive only had my taco since november but already put 7k on it, i usually do 20k a year
Old 03-20-2013, 04:04 AM   #4
Daily Driver "Plus"
smuook has much to be proud ofsmuook has much to be proud ofsmuook has much to be proud ofsmuook has much to be proud ofsmuook has much to be proud ofsmuook has much to be proud ofsmuook has much to be proud ofsmuook has much to be proud ofsmuook has much to be proud ofsmuook has much to be proud of

Navy: 24 years Active Duty
Name: Frank
smuook's Tacoma Gallery
15k as a daily driver
Old 03-20-2013, 05:54 AM   #5
Zork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to all
Zork's Tacoma Gallery
I put an average of 7-8k a year. It's my DD and I live less than 2 mi. From work currently at 56k. I have taken it on 6hr. Road trips and it just purrs.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #6
streamreeper is just really nicestreamreeper is just really nicestreamreeper is just really nicestreamreeper is just really nice

Name: matt
streamreeper's Tacoma Gallery
the fitst year i bought my truck(new) i put 40000 on it. being an apprentice in the pipefitters union i had to do alot of teveling. ive got 130000 on it now. just got a new frame and my OME lift kit should be here tomoro! the body has very litle rust,which is surpriseing sinse i live in western ny-we got 8 inches of snow since midnight when i went to bed.ive undercoated the body and am goung to do the frame also.so it should be able to do another 100000-i hope.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #7
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
15,000 -17,00 a year on average.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #8
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
My taco is my daily driver so I suck away approx 14K of it's life per year.

I'm not at all worried about the life of my taco since it was bred out of the hilux family.... so it's freakin immortal! ......as long as I keep my baby rust free of course! Rust is like krypto cancer and will kill all of its superpower!!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #9
Adam Baum is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Adam Baum's Tacoma Gallery
I ride the bus to work now so the Tacoma might get 5k - 6k a year.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #11
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Probably around 14k or so. Its my DD my work commute is only 15 miles round trip but I rack up miles driving to Delaware every weekend during the summer. Have 50k on her now and will be 4 years old the end of this summer.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #12
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
i do about 20k/yr
Old 03-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #13
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
A little more than 3500 a yr 60 k at present.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #14

ExOkie's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I abandoned this thread. Just back from my last trip, Denver to Austin to Tulsa and back to Denver. 2300 miles all told and now up to 60K. Ran like a top and when I was on the back roads of TX and OK keeping it down to 65 I bumped up on 20 mpg a couple of times. Sure need better seats or a new butt.

I now have a crack across the entire length of my windshield so getting that replaced is my first priority. I also need to pull of the rusty chrome front bumper and replace it. Anything else I should be replacing at 60K? Thanks for the replies and all the advice.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #15

ExOkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOly View Post
My taco is my daily driver so I suck away approx 14K of it's life per year.

I'm not at all worried about the life of my taco since it was bred out of the hilux family.... so it's freakin immortal! ......as long as I keep my baby rust free of course! Rust is like krypto cancer and will kill all of its superpower!!
That's my concern also. My front chrome bumper is rusting and chipping off the chrome. I've done my own inspection when it's been on a lift and found no rust underneath. I bought it to drive and to last.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #17
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
It had 222K my 2008 has 92K.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #18
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
average since I bought it is about 10,000 per year.