Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Suspension Help 99' TRD

Old 02-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
llaparle is on a distinguished road
llaparle's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension Help 99' TRD

Hello there, I'm new to the forum and have acouple of questions regarding my truck. I recently bought a 99 Tacoma TRD 4 x4 and am wanting to upgrade the suspension. The rear leaf springs seem to be sagging a little bit, but it is more noticeable when i have stuff in the bed.

I was thinking about getting the Bilstein 5100's but i am not sure whether i should or not. I was wondering if i should get a new leaf pack or get the Bilsteins and an Toytec add a leaf? Any suggestions??

Thanks
Old 02-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
hulzenga is on a distinguished road
hulzenga's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! I bought me the same truck like a month ago! Get some pics up!! As far as suspension goes, search under the suspension and lift section in the site navigation. There is LOADS of info on the stuff your asking. I could throw my 2 cents in, but i know that there are some people out there that know thier stuff way better than me, and have answerd that question way better than i ever could allready.

Where you from? what kind of offroading do you do? don't for get to introduce yourself in the new member section

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new-members/

Good luck serching! and hope this helped ya!
Old 02-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw!

when i got my 04 back this past summer.............the whole damn suspension, except for the front coils were worn out. so i replaced the whole thing..................wheelers/alcan 5 leaf pack for the rear, ome 881 coils up front, and bilstein 5100's all 4 corners. i got the 5 leaf pack and ome coils for a bit of lift. if you wanna new suspension, check out wheelersoffroad.com..............great deals on everything, and even if you wanna have a stock type setup, but better ride, you can get the "stock" 4 leaf pack from them, and get bilstein 5100's from downsouthmotorsports(a vendor here) and use them with the stock coils, and it'll be like a new truck.

i look at it like this.....you can do an aal....cheap way that works, and will save you some $, but if the springs are worn out.......the aal will only help so much.