Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Change transmission fluid or not?

Old 03-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #21
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
i changed mine out. drained, filled a little, drained it again(to get some more of the old fluid out and grime), and then filled it all up. Shifts great, no problems either.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #22
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Yea i did mine and it smoothed out alot.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #23
ncbowhunter is on a distinguished road
ncbowhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Got the flush....

Just left the Toyota dealer after a complete transmission flush (about 6 miles from the house). Got them to add the Lubegard Platinum....I can honestly say it shifts a lot smoother....I could tell the closer I got to my house the smoother it continued to shift......Hope it continues.....Thanks to everyone for the advice....Have a great Easter!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #24
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Holy hell! 200k on the same fluid? Shouldnt it be changed every 30k?
Old 03-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #25
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Im doing mine tomorrow along with the diff. not sure when mine was last changed. truck will hit 200k sometime next week.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #26
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbowhunter View Post
Just left the Toyota dealer after a complete transmission flush (about 6 miles from the house). Got them to add the Lubegard Platinum....I can honestly say it shifts a lot smoother....I could tell the closer I got to my house the smoother it continued to shift......Hope it continues.....Thanks to everyone for the advice....Have a great Easter!
I'm surprised they did a full flush with that many miles. How much was the cost if you don't mind me asking?
Old 03-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #27
ncbowhunter is on a distinguished road
ncbowhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
I'm surprised they did a full flush with that many miles. How much was the cost if you don't mind me asking?
179.99 otd