Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

"NEW RACK BUSHINGS" Now steering wheel crooked!!!

Old 03-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
"NEW RACK BUSHINGS" Now steering wheel crooked!!!

So i replaced my rack bushings in my 03 DC and now my steering wheel is cocked to the left. The stealership replaced the big split bushing and did alignment but that didnt fix the issue so i took it to another shop and they said bushings were shot so i replace with wheelers "ES" kit. All better except wheel is crooked as hell. Wheel doing another alignment fix it or did i jack something up moving the rack around. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Mechanic for Honda
Mossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to all

Coast Guard: Prior service
Name: billy
Mossy's Tacoma Gallery
Need another alignment to correct this problem. You did a alignment with partial faulty parts, now you have good parts with no slack so you will need another alignment
Old 03-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
What i figured, im gonna make the stealership do it for free too since they didnt fix it the first time.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #4

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Got her aligned today, wheel is now straight.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
Mechanic for Honda
Mossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to all

Coast Guard: Prior service
Name: billy
Mossy's Tacoma Gallery
Good deal