LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma Frame Rust/Toyota unethical practices?

Old 03-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
Memoriesvideo is on a distinguished road
Memoriesvideo's Tacoma Gallery
Taco

Just found my 98 Tacoma frame rails completely rotted and leaf spring mount completely shoved up into frame rail....Did not know anything of a rust issue and I am the original one owner bought new in 98...called Toyota, they told me of a 15 year warranty/buyback program- GREAT...then oops, your truck is 40 days out of warranty, so sorry..... I NEVER GOT A LETTER FROM TOYOTA!... I filed case number with corporate, they told me they didn't mail letters to any owners in NC because they don't feel it is a "cold weather" state, We just got 13 inches snow last week in Maggy Valley!..roads are salted heavily in the winter here!.... I am appealing with executive's currently who work for Mr. Lentz and am optimistic that they will honor the warranty..... However, it is OBVIOUS that they had financial incentive for NOT mailing letters to owners in NC....
Attached Thumbnails
Tacoma Frame Rust/Toyota unethical practices?-1998frame_failure.jpg  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm... thats shitty. They dont send letters to non "cold weather" states. Do they understand the concept of MOUNTAINS?

I caution you against getting too agitated and blast them in open forum until you give Toyota a chance at redemption. Good luck.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
sink the teeth in, tell them you want a 2013 for the buy back of the one you have. they will cave eventually. they allways do.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
REPOSTING ORIGINAL>>>>>Just found my 98 Tacoma frame rails completely rotted and leaf spring mount completely shoved up into frame rail....Did not know anything of a rust issue and I am the original one owner bought new in 98...called Toyota, they told me of a 15 year warranty/buyback program- GREAT...then oops, your truck is 40 days out of warranty, so sorry..... I NEVER GOT A LETTER FROM TOYOTA!... I filed case number with corporate, they told me they didn't mail letters to any owners in NC because they don't feel it is a "cold weather" state, We just got 13 inches snow last week in Maggy Valley!..roads are salted heavily in the winter here!.... I am appealing with executive's currently who work for Mr. Lentz and am optimistic that they will honor the warranty..... However, it is OBVIOUS that they had financial incentive for NOT mailing letters to owners in NC....
Old 04-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memoriesvideo View Post
REPOSTING ORIGINAL>>>>>Just found my 98 Tacoma frame rails completely rotted and leaf spring mount completely shoved up into frame rail....Did not know anything of a rust issue and I am the original one owner bought new in 98...called Toyota, they told me of a 15 year warranty/buyback program- GREAT...then oops, your truck is 40 days out of warranty, so sorry..... I NEVER GOT A LETTER FROM TOYOTA!... I filed case number with corporate, they told me they didn't mail letters to any owners in NC because they don't feel it is a "cold weather" state, We just got 13 inches snow last week in Maggy Valley!..roads are salted heavily in the winter here!.... I am appealing with executive's currently who work for Mr. Lentz and am optimistic that they will honor the warranty..... However, it is OBVIOUS that they had financial incentive for NOT mailing letters to owners in NC....
Why was this removed from your original post?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
I just got an official answer from Toyota regarding the case/complaints.... they basically said "get lost and we will not help you"....40 days out of warranty and I had not gotten one letter alerting to the rust problem...I met another man last Thursday, one-owner of 98 Tacoma, he didn't get a letter either....After driving Toyota trucks since 1989, a lifetime of being a dedicated owner of their trucks, they just toss me away like yesterdays trash.........
Old 04-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunavut View Post
Why was this removed from your original post?

Didnt want to blast them in open forum untill I got an answer from them.....Now that I got their official answer, I can tell all
Old 04-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #8
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry about your luck. Now you know what it's like to own a domestic vehicle. They don't get any sympathy when vehicles rust, especially from 98. It wasn't a warranty program, it was a generosity gesture for the people in cold weather climates. Iowa isn't considered a cold weather state to them, so I don't get my frame coated like the northeast states.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #9
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
On the brighter side of things....had your truck been a ford, chevy, or a dodge....you would've needed aother truck about 8 years ago....FWIW.