Notices

stearing wheel wobble STILL

Old 03-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
RGosen is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 1st Battalion
Name: Christ would now agree, don't get yourself nailed to a tree
RGosen's Tacoma Gallery
stearing wheel wobble STILL

So I have changed my tires and rims three times now and had one set balenced But still the same back and forth about an inch when doing around 90-110 kms. What is going on here lol driving me madly crazy...I even went to a smaller tire this time thinking maybe it was from big 31s causing the issue but nope still doing the same thing. new tires different rims three times and the same thing still there. done re allighnment twice, all my front end and shocks and struts are new nothing has stopped this issue from happening..anyone els ever have this ?
Old 03-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
Mechanic for Honda
Mossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to all

Coast Guard: Prior service
Name: billy
Mossy's Tacoma Gallery
are these tire shops checking for road force when they balance these tires?
Old 03-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #3

RGosen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
are these tire shops checking for road force when they balance these tires?
Nope but its pretty uncanny how every set I get before and after a balence its still the exact same wobble and after three sets of rims and tires ive sold due to this and every set is exactly the same wobble which had no wobble on other vehicles. I even drove the last set on another 96 tacoma and they were just fine no wobble..get them on mine and once again the same thing
Old 03-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone please come up with a solution for this, mine does the same thing.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
chich2000 is on a distinguished road
chich2000's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't sound like its a problem with the wheels/tires, but instead on the truck side. Maybe something in the steering system is loose or worn out?
Old 03-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
cottontop will become famous soon enoughcottontop will become famous soon enough
cottontop's Tacoma Gallery
maybe should check the bushings. Add a steering stabilizer
Old 03-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #7
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
maybe should check the bushings. Add a steering stabilizer
I don't see how at 88,000 miles my bushings could be the problem.

OP might be a different story.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #8
cottontop will become famous soon enoughcottontop will become famous soon enough
cottontop's Tacoma Gallery
I had an 87 that did same thing. I added an aftermarket steering stabilizer and it went away. With your mileage it seems tire related. Goodyear has been known to cause wobble on fords and dodges
Old 03-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #9

RGosen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
I had an 87 that did same thing. I added an aftermarket steering stabilizer and it went away. With your mileage it seems tire related. Goodyear has been known to cause wobble on fords and dodges
I did put in steering rack bushings as well. maybe I should allso try the stablizer as well ,,its just one more thing to knock of the list thats not been done to this truck lol
Old 03-29-2013, 04:48 AM   #10
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
I don't see how at 88,000 miles my bushings could be the problem.

OP might be a different story.
88,000 miles normally wouldn't be a big deal....however, your truck is 17 years old....bushings dry rot.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:14 AM   #11
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the bushings, maybe do the steering column tack weld mod, check the rod ends, grease driveline

. First I would get them road force balanced. The other thing to make sure of is that the place doing the balancing has the toyota adapter for the wheels. Toyota's have a specific adapter that needs to be used when balancing, using a universal one doesn't always work.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:15 AM   #12
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco47001 View Post
88,000 miles normally wouldn't be a big deal....however, your truck is 17 years old....bushings dry rot.
This. And even at 88,000 miles they could still wear out. Depends on a lot of variables. if you wheel the piss out of it, take corners like a race car driver, etc.. they will wear out faster. Even if you don't do those things, afte 17 years they're likely in need of replacement.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #13

RGosen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
Check out the bushings, maybe do the steering column tack weld mod, check the rod ends, grease driveline

. First I would get them road force balanced. The other thing to make sure of is that the place doing the balancing has the toyota adapter for the wheels. Toyota's have a specific adapter that needs to be used when balancing, using a universal one doesn't always work.
When you mean the bushings you mean the steering rack bushings right ? I did put new ones in didnt change a thing. What is the steering column tac weld ? I will give that a shot but cant find how to on here. I had the whole front end checked out at a shop when they found out my clutch was shot they put in the steering rack bushings and oils all around. altho I dont thing its the steering rack as there is no play in it.