Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OME Lift UCA Touches Coil Spring

Old 04-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #21
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Huge upgrade in my opinion. That is for the Icons though. Don't have first hand experience for the LRs.

I've been wheelin' with the same guys for the last few months. One particular area we go, we're bajaing through a dry river bed. Typically I'm falling off the pack, white knuckling the whole time just trying to keep the truck pointed in the right direction. This past run, was hanging with them and having fun at it.

Other thing I noticed was during the rock crawling, didn't lose traction on the same obstacles like I have in the past. Figured I was seeing the advantage of getting that little extra droop when I was flexing hard.

I'm still on a high how the truck is handling off-road now. Even one of my friends noted how it felt smoother on pavement.
Maybe somebody will pipe in with their LR experience.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:54 AM   #22
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouillard13 View Post
what did the all pros cost?
$499
Old 04-24-2013, 04:46 AM   #23
Breaker of Wheeling Rules #1 and #2
Mach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby (but you can call me Mud)
Mach375's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Don't know if the LR's will fix it but the Camburg's are decently priced and may fix the problem. Otherwise, I'd recommend taking the spacer out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Don't have first hand experience for the LRs.
I've got LRs and spring contact. The BJ contacts enough to wear a hole in the BJ boot. Replaced the boots once, and while doing so discovered LR puts maybe a marble-sized dab of grease in there -- so I stuffed if full of RedLine (which means I now have RedLine grease all over my upper BJ ).
Icon is in the future, but it's gotta wait until I get fully armored first.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #24
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach375 View Post
I've got LRs and spring contact. The BJ contacts enough to wear a hole in the BJ boot. Replaced the boots once, and while doing so discovered LR puts maybe a marble-sized dab of grease in there -- so I stuffed if full of RedLine (which means I now have RedLine grease all over my upper BJ ).
Icon is in the future, but it's gotta wait until I get fully armored first.
thats good to know. I almost went the LR UCA route, but I figured I might as well shell out the extra $150 or so for a uniball UCA. Glad I did.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #26

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
good info in here! I've got this happening to both sides. so far no damage to the UBJ but I'm sure its only a matter of time. UCAs are in the somewhat near future and I was thinking of going w/ the Camburgs.. any experience with these guys?
All four brands (camburg, icon, all pro, total chaos) of UCAs will be more than sufficient for the average user. I couldn't see anyone having a legitimate complaint as far as quality or performance.

I chose the APs because they were the cheapest and offered the same features as the rest. Their build quality seems flawless, welds look great, made of chromoly like the rest, the powdercoating is nice, grease zerks and poly bushing and they use FK uniballs, which are known to be very good. Plus their site says they are TIG not MIG welded, so that's a plus. Not sure what the competition uses.

I couldn't see paying another $200 for icons or total chaos arms when they are pretty much the same thing, minus the bling bling.

The Camburg arms are priced the same as the APs. So both are fine choices IMO
Old 05-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #27
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post

I couldn't see paying another $200 for icons or total chaos arms when they are pretty much the same thing, minus the bling bling.
Yar, I only went with Icon because I might go full Icon MT setup at some time. I'm all OCD like that. The uniball setup is nice because it doesn't have the huge stud jutting out on top like others do but that is more cosmetic.

One thing I will warn on the Icons is the ABS sensor wire bracket studs should be torqued no more than 6lb/ft. Don't ask how I know...
Old 05-03-2013, 12:17 AM   #28
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
good info in here! I've got this happening to both sides. so far no damage to the UBJ but I'm sure its only a matter of time. UCAs are in the somewhat near future and I was thinking of going w/ the Camburgs.. any experience with these guys?
Which coils do you have?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #30
JCH is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
JCH's Tacoma Gallery
I just ended up taking out the top plate spacer. No more contact now!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #31
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'v got the 881s w/ 10mm enhancer
Hm ok. I went with 883s with no top plate. Hopefully I won't have issues.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #33

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Well I've probably put about 1000 miles on them so far. No weight up front. They've settled nicely but I was having some weird noise when going over some larger bumps. As the suspension cycles down. I looked at the coils yesterday and I did notice some chipped paint on them where yours are rubbing. So I might have the same issue. Ill keep an eye on it and see what happens

Other than that, they ride great. Definitely stiff but I like them. I recently started driving with 30psi instead of 40 in my tires and that makes a huge difference as well. Might cause some uneven wear, but we'll see.