Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Afe pro dry question

Old 03-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Afe pro dry question

Hello guys I have a quick question for you all. Does the afe air filter fits a little loose when installing on the air box?? I notice fitment is not as flush and does not goes in all the way back as stock one, however when closing the box the retaining clips on top of the lid push it back and it seems like its more flust to the box. Is this the way the filter fit in your trucks as well did you all notice that??
Old 03-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
My other truck is a Warthog
VlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to all

VlineSci09's Tacoma Gallery
yeah when I first dropped mine in I thought the same thing. I got eye level with the lid to make sure the upper clips fit well and you can see it snug up to the air box or whatever. I haven't noticed any issues yet after at least 8-9000miles. my CEL is always on tho as well... damn charcoal canister

pic just cuz
Old 03-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Afe pro dry question

Quote:
Originally Posted by VlineSci09 View Post
yeah when I first dropped mine in I thought the same thing. I got eye level with the lid to make sure the upper clips fit well and you can see it snug up to the air box or whatever. I haven't noticed any issues yet after at least 8-9000miles. my CEL is always on tho as well... damn charcoal canister

pic just cuz
Cool, my CEL is not on so it should be good . Thanks for you reply not I know it's normal. BTW I did notice better throttle response.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
My other truck is a Warthog
VlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to all

VlineSci09's Tacoma Gallery
^^ sweet and no prob.

I also thought (or really hoped) I felt a little increase in response.. probably not. But I didn't have the deckplate installed yet at that point. Then I put my topper on so it all canceled out with that extra weight. haha. It is a quality product though and worth the $