1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel Size and Tire Size recommendations?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 01willtaco, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Apr 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    01willtaco

01willtaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Phx. Az.
    Vehicle:
    12 Taco. Extcab TRD XP PRO 4x4 auto
    I have a 2002 taco 4x4 ext. cab 3RZ auto. and just put OME 881 coils, Nitrocharger struts front and a Progressive AAL with nitrocharger shocks rear. My next big investment is going to be in wheels and tires. I have gotten approx. 2 1/4 inches lift in front and 2 1/4 in rear. I currently am running stock rims with P265/R70/16 Cooper ATR tires, the tires are almost gone they have lasted almost 60k and tho I like them they are not a true AT tire. Would greatly appreciate any recommendations for wheel sizes, offset, etc. and new tire recommendations. Most my driving is highway but do offroad as much as possible. I live in Phx. AZ and have received invaluable info from this site as to the Mods I have done and my future mods any advice will be useful. Do not want to trim body panels, or do major body surgery.

Thanks

2. Apr 2, 2013 at 1:35 PM
    PRBond

PRBond Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD PreRunner
    3" ToyTec suspension kit, AEM Air Intake, Uniden 510 CB, 265 X 75 X 16 BFG AT's
    You can't really go that much bigger with the lift you have, but you should be able to run with 265 / 75 / 16's which is basically a 32" tire. That's the same tire size that I run with my truck. The nice thing about it, is that you'll find it to be a lot more common and cheaper than the 265/70/16's.

As for the type of tire, that's really all up to you and how much you want to spend. I've always been a big fan of BFG's and I run their AT's on my truck now, however I've also had luck with a few others. (Bridgestone Dueller AT's, Yoko's)

Products Discussed in

To Top