Notices

Re-Phrase Poll Body Lift

View Poll Results: "Body Lift or Not" the sequel
no, sell it on ebay 35 83.33%
yes, go for it 7 16.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
HoofHearted
HARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: McLovin
HARDSHELLTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Re-Phrase Poll Body Lift

I know body lifts are crap compared to suspension and they are the poor mans lift. That said, I want to rephrase my original poll question.

If you had my truck and a 3" body lift would you put it on or not?

I have used a body lift before on my last truck (see photo below) and in my opinion it didn't look that bad. I don't have the funds to put a 6" suspension lift and I think it's a waste of time to do a 1" body lift. I would use gap guards to prevent seeing through the bed. I already have coil spacers and rear add a leafs that made my truck level and about 3" higher than stock. I don't do a whole lot of off-roading but I certainly don't cruise the mall, I just don't like looking up at people.

P.S. Send pics of body lifted tacos if you have them.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
being a poor mans lift is actually quite the contrary. a body lift requires the cab and body to be unbolted and set higher which some places charge an arm in a leg to do unless you do it yourself. also it stretches out your steering column and wire and etc...which put alot of strain on stuff which will need to be fixed costing you more than the lift but hey man its your truck and you money so go for it if you want!

oh and poop on that dodge.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #4
trd_sport is on a distinguished road
trd_sport's Tacoma Gallery
no

i have always hated the body lift, may it be on anything. just looks weird, with the hitch and frame out of place.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:17 AM   #6
Formarly 08TRD4X4RadientRed
Dockhead has a spectacular aura aboutDockhead has a spectacular aura about

Dockhead's Tacoma Gallery
Ebay, body lifts look funny. No one wants to see the bottom of your radiator.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #7
19tacoma98 is on a distinguished road

19tacoma98's Tacoma Gallery

mine has a 3in body lift and I don't have any problems with it and i think it looks fine and my radiator doesn't hang out
Old 02-16-2009, 02:48 PM   #8
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
I'd stay away from body lifts. If you are looking for a cheap lift, go with a in-coil spacer lift w/ an AAL in the rear. At the least, it is much easier to install.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:55 PM   #9
Problem Child
Racinkid13 is just really niceRacinkid13 is just really niceRacinkid13 is just really niceRacinkid13 is just really nice

Racinkid13's Tacoma Gallery
3", id say no.

1" or maybe 2". yes.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #10
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
I have a 3 inch bl, and it let me clock my tcase
Old 02-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #11
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
SELL THAT JUNK, THANK YOU

If you don't like looking up at people, buy a f-650.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:47 AM   #12
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Why is this in 1st gen section?
Old 02-20-2011, 07:54 AM   #13
GPV Helicopters inc
Hellomoto is on a distinguished road
Hellomoto's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 3" body lift on mine with no problems. I like the look of it.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:06 AM   #14
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellomoto View Post
I have a 3" body lift on mine with no problems. I like the look of it.
pics?
Old 02-20-2011, 09:36 AM   #15
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
SELL THAT JUNK, THANK YOU

If you don't like looking up at people, buy a f-650.

BAD ASS
Old 02-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #16
ARC is on a distinguished road
Army: MGS Gunner, 1-27INF 25th ID
Name: Andrew
ARC's Tacoma Gallery
Seems you already know the answers to this question you just want us to say it's OK. Just do what you want already.