Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

help with rear shocks!

Old 04-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #21
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5125

F4-BE5-6253-H5 & F4-BE5-6252-H5

two different part #'s
because they are of unequal travel length (8 & 8.5 inches)
and mounted (canted/staggered) to unequal length mounts.

the 5125 series come in other lengths.
* note: longer travel 5125's will require modification

the above are designed for 0-3 inches of lift.
OEM bolt up for the 1st gen Tacoma

Factory shock travel is 6 & 6.5 inches, I thought
(maybe it was only 5 & 5.5" I forget)

* if ordered thru Wheeler's Off Road...
I believe the correct eye bushings are included.
But be sure... because these were also designated for chevy chit
and could have the wrong bushings installed. (7/16" or some chit)

the tacoma requires 1/2 ID hour glass bushings I believe.

I've been running these since '04, same pair.
they have been thru hell and back.

I did have a little issue with them hitting muh deaver springs
flexing fully down to the oem bumps

I did this

some folk prefer to increase their bumpstop height
and limit compression some.
worried about over inverting their leaf paks I guess.

guess I don't share that concern.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #22
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Riley
fouillard13's Tacoma Gallery
sweet thanks!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #23
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
If DownSouth wasn't helpful its because you didn't give them anything to go by,everytime I've gone there for shocks first thing they ask is "How much lift?" so you gotta know what you've got before they can match you up right , they can make the 5125 just about any length you need for travel pretty much, kinda a rule of thumb 2"-2.75" lift = 8"-8.5" shock travel

3"-3.5" = 9"-9.5" anything 3.5" -4" is going to be 10"
Old 04-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #24
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Riley
fouillard13's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Would you guys pay 500$ for a 3.4 tacoma motor with a super charger
Old 04-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #25
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouillard13 View Post
Thanks. Would you guys pay 500$ for a 3.4 tacoma motor with a super charger

Hell yes if it was good
Old 04-11-2013, 12:04 AM   #26
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post

3"-3.5" = 9"-9.5"
Bilstein makes 9" and 9.5" 5125's ?

crap... I was under the impression that
8" and 8.5" were the longest staggered length bilstein.

after that... needed to go with 10" short bodies
and relocate their mounting positions.

point me in the direction...
of where I can buy these 9" and 9.5" bilstein 5125's !?

^ (1st gen. factory mounting)
Old 04-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #27
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post
Bilstein makes 9" and 9.5" 5125's ?

crap... I was under the impression that
8" and 8.5" were the longest staggered length bilstein.

after that... needed to go with 10" short bodies
and relocate their mounting positions.

point me in the direction...
of where I can buy these 9" and 9.5" bilstein 5125's !?

^ (1st gen. factory mounting)

Sure, call DSMS & talk to Sonny...
Old 04-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #28
Truck ~n~ Tow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Sure, call DSMS & talk to Sonny...
thanks...

Their site lists the 8" - # 33-185590 and 8.5" - # 33-185606

good lead for the OP's inquiry. --> DSMS

and tho' a 9" - # 33-186542 is shown listed...
I see no 9.5"

meh... was thinking of going with the Ubolt flip
so that will dictate a different path anyway.

might call this Sonny, just to see if he knowz zhit